Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article on yahoo page on real "vampire" or what they considered a vampire back when they didn't understand the medical explanations;
Italy dig unearths female 'vampire' in Venice
Interesting reading on actual evidence of 16th century beliefs of vampires & how they really dealt with them unlike the stake thru the heart writings.
Cool read to share with my halloween forumers :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
No such thing as vampires? Well maybe not, but people certainly did believe in them for a long time right up to more recent history, just google Mercy Brown, Rhode Island, and vampire. You'll come to this sight: http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/2003/legends20_06142003.shtml historically speaking not all vampires were believed to physically come back to attack the living sometimes it was thier spirit coming back to attack the living.:D

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
No such thing as vampires? Well maybe not, but people certainly did believe in them for a long time right up to more recent history, just google Mercy Brown, Rhode Island, and vampire. You'll come to this sight: Mercy Brown, the Rhode Island Vampire historically speaking not all vampires were believed to physically come back to attack the living sometimes it was thier spirit coming back to attack the living.:D
Isn't that a cool story?! That's why I picked Mercy Brown to be on my latest tombstone.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah it is, you were the one to tip me off to that story Terra, I never realized that in my own back yard (just a few miles) there were legends of vampires!!:D

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Great find! I heard of this on the radio the other day but never looked into it. Five to ten years after Columbus returned to Europe from his first voyage there was a rash of "Vampirism" throughout Italy and Southern France. Apparently several of his crew has acquired syphilis in the New World, and physicians of the day diagnosed the symptoms as Vampirism.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts