Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this didn't happen on Halloween exactly, but the next day. I was putting away all my props, and in a tree, I had several plastic dolls I had distressed and hung. I was inspired by the island of the dolls on Mexico. As I started taking things out of the tree, I began to hear muffled baby sounds. My first thought was: "oh, one of the neighbors kids is out here.". I stopped and looked around but saw nothing. I continued to hear the noise, and that's when I realized it was coming from one of the dolls in the tree! It was laughing and crying at me! This doll had been in the tree in the rain and everything else for weeks and never made a sound like that. Suddenly, when I'm about to move it does it start doing this. Just a little crap my pants moment I thought id share. Anyone else have a cool Halloween story?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Seriously???? Holy cow!

I had a scare on Halloween but it wasn't a cool H'ween scare. It was a real, actual scare that's actually been (you'll excuse me here) haunting me randomly ever since...I know we'll all get over it pretty soon but...

My kids and I were hurrying home because my friend called while we were out ToTing to tell me she and her kids had stopped by at my house. (That's a tradition, they always drop by at some point on H'ween night but the time had just gotten away from me.) So we looked both ways, naturally, and started to cross...and this car comes zooming from a sidestreet...I don't know if he didn't have his lights on until he was turning out because we didn't see any until that moment??? Anyway, I said to my kids, "HURRY because there's a car coming." Well this car raced right at us...maybe the kid was texting or something (it was a maybe late-teen-ish boy)...I'm not exaggerating or being a drama queen, we were running so fast, I mean this isn't a wide road and this car came within probably a couple feet of us while we were running and I SCREAMED out just so he would hear me and stop. Screech of breaks and the people on the sidewalk right there were screaming too. My kids were shrieking and crying. I got them together with me and calmed them down pretty fast but I have never come so close to being hit by a car before. And it happened so fast!

The weird thing is that the whole street was filled with kids...I'm not refusing to claim responsibility for this or anything but really, speeding down a deep-in-the-neighborhood 30mph street on H'ween night with dozens of kids everywhere? I'm sure something was up, maybe the kid looked down for some reason, I don't know, I doubt this kid wanted to kill anybody... :D But damn, we were shaken up. Still kind of are, my kids have mentioned it once or twice since then and I've just been calm and told them that we did the right thing, we really MOVED and got out of the way and that next time we'd just be more extra-careful than we even were on this particular night.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it was probably just some dumb teenage driver not paying attention. Hopefully, it won't take a serious accident like that to wake them up to the road.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yeah, it was probably just some dumb teenage driver not paying attention. Hopefully, it won't take a serious accident like that to wake them up to the road.
I think likely it was a wakeup call...I mean we've all done SOMETHING stupid in our lives, I'd say...we've all had that near miss. It didn't color my kids' H'ween though, they were sure upset at the time but now it's all in the past for them and all ended up well...it's a wakeup call for us too, there were things I could have done differently, NOT rushed even though my friend had called, wear glow-sticks, and so on.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Had an occurance just now as I was taking down my spider room...everything is unplugged and I hit the crank on the deer motor...and the green led light still plugged into the deer motor lit up. What the heck?!?!
Seems, if you have a led bulb in a spotlight socket plugged into the 'accessories' plug, the deer motor will act as a generator of enough electric to light up the led bulb. Will only work for one (I tested with two led lights plugged into an extension cord), won't work for normal bulbs or string of lights (although it may work for led string of lights...I didn't have any laying around to test). Here is a picture of the type of deer motor - will be using these for backup lights in emergency.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts