Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a venting post but I'm more looking forward to taking down my haunt and decorations than finish those last little touches I used to love and obsess over each year. I have a great start, pretty much ready for the big night and prepared for what's left including times for rehearsal on Sunday with our actors.

It's probably the new job where I have so little time to enjoy what I'm doing for Halloween and it's becoming a chore list instead. Also it's the last year for my oldest to help in the haunt and my youngest also is extremely busy so I'm missing that bonding time working on it together. I went out to the garage a couple nights ago to work on a few touches but instead started picturing how to tear it down and store it. Also frustrating as I have money coming in to spend it on extras this year (even had my wife suggesting some things to buy) but just don't feel like it.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I get this. I'm also excited about cleaning out stuff that didn't make the cut this year most of which is just too damaged or has been replaced by upgrades. I'm looking forward to mid to late November when I can start working on stuff for next year because this year went so badly for me. Unless it's below freezing I can work in the garage and I have a lot of projects planned to get done before it starts getting too hot. Really I just want this year gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i felt the same this year about work and even putting stuff out, but I did it anyway(albeit maybe only half of it) and just promised myself to make up for it next year.
just find something small or easy to make when you do have time and that will keep you in the Happy HaLLowEen mood!
:eek:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My wife and I are different schedules, yet the work i should be getting done here has to be done in the daylight since it is roofing and we are open every night for tours of the haunt,I fianally just end up "puttering " and getting very little done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts