Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the year to finally re-vamp my cemetery columns. I made the originals several years ago and they were very basic, as the picture shows. This year, they get trim moulding, new tops and plaques, which I made from foam. They will also have new gargoyles and a fresh paint job to age them a bit. This is one in the works. Hope to have them done by next week so I can start putting up the graveyard.
Appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks for looking!
The original look.

With the new trim. Old tops have been removed and new ones will be cut.

The foam plaque glued on. The scroll piece on the bottom came from Michaels (about the only thing I found there this year!)
Living in Erie, PA, "EERIE MANOR" is only fitting!

This plaque will go on the other column.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
What an improvement! Nice re-vamp! The trim and plaques really make a difference :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice rework!! I'm thinking we need to dress ours up a bit more after seeing this!
Thanks. I've been wanting to do this for a very long time but since I'm pretty much ahead of schedule this year, I figured "git 'er done!"

What an improvement! Nice re-vamp! The trim and plaques really make a difference :)
Thanks!

Looks awesome totally different!! great job!
Thank you! I'm happy with it so far.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look great so I know this is going to hurt but I would distress them a bit...break a corner off her and there, smooth off the edges some, wash with some diluted black paint after all an old cementary is not perfect just my thoughts.
Since they're made from wood, I can't break off corners. The paint job they'll recieve will age them quite a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts