Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Greystone Manor in Perry, Florida

For some Halloween fun last year, I drove up to the town of Perry, Florida because I had heard through some friends that there was a house in that town known as the "Greystone Manor" and that it was supposed to be VERY haunted...

I have always been a skeptic when it comes to the supernatural but I do try to keep an open mind, so I thought it would be fun to walk around a "haunted house", so I contacted the owner and he offered to take me on a private tour in the evening (he runs some kind of business during the daytime and wanted to show me around personall)....but as soon as I got up to the house and walked inside the front door, all sorts of strange s**t started happening...

While walking through the house, I got the chills several times even though the air conditioning was running at 82 degress...

When we went up to the top floor of the house, all of the sudden, all of the lights went out for like 5 minutes...yet the ceiling fans were still working!!!

While walking down one of the hallways, we saw a door swing wide open only to swing shut almost as fast. My host then went over to the door to try and open it and it would not budge an inch!!! We then walked further on but a little later, we came back through the same hallway again and there was the infamous door, standing wide open again!!!

My host swore that it was just the 2 of us in that house that night, so whatever was going on, I have no rational explanation for anything.....but I think I'm a believer now!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep, you had an experience alright!
On one hand, it could well be that he has the place Mechanically Rigged to do what you experienced, and a lot of those Technologies are now "hands - free."
But being the Psychic Medium that I am on the other hand, I stand to think the place is Definitely SPOOKED!
If it is in fact Spooked, as I am thinking it may well be, there is a very Strong Male Energy, from the era of about the maybe late 1700's to about the early or mid 1800's.
He needs help with something or is angered that he is not show attentions that he may have once been accustomed to.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one thing I'd like to know if the house was somehow rigged, just how the f*ck did they rig up a doorknob that is almost 100 years old to not budge an inch and then move freely a few minutes later???

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, I am no Disney Imagineer, but studying what little I have of Yard Haunts and Haunted House Attractions, it has something to do with Professional Pneumatics and Animatronics.
Otherwise, I am as baffled as you are.
If this is Truly a Spook, as I think it is too, then it is a Male Energy from somewhere around the 1700's to the 1800's, quite wealthy, Prominent, owned that property at one time.
He is Angered over something or is confused and may need help.
I see him in my mind's eye.
He is tall, medium build, dark hair and eyes, a bit of a Mustache, He dislikes vistors.
His dress and demeanor are that of someone quite prominent, like of those that would have a Servant or Servants.
I see him in a Hallway on the upper floor, he is walking quickly, as if to go to one of those rooms.
That room where the door came locked for no reason, that was his Bedchamber or possibly his Study.
It is where he goes for Privacy.
He is not quite friendly, as maybe you had hoped for.
He gives me a chilly disposition.
He may well have not been a nice person in life, so he is this way also in death.
He may treat others, Visitors included, as Servant Classes.
Just be aware of this and wish him peaceful Transition to Spirit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Perry, and I can tell you that has ALWAYS been one creepy place!There are many very strange places in Perry. If you were to go just a little past the Greystone heading North, there is a stucco mansion on the right that was previously a funeral home. It has always been the subject of many horror stories I was told as a child. It is now a private residence.
If you haven't seen it and want to know more about the mysteries of Perry, look for a movie called County Road 14.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scary Place!

In the early 70's Greystone Manor was divided up into separate apartments. My sister lived there right after she got married. I was about eleven years old at the time. I spent the night there ONE TIME! Talk about creepy! I couldn't sleep a wink. I never saw anything (probably because I kept my head beneath the covers all night) but there were all kinds of strange noises, like doors and floorboards creaking. When morning came I went back home and never went back as long as sister lived there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For some Halloween fun last year, I drove up to the town of Perry, Florida because I had heard through some friends that there was a house in that town known as the "Greystone Manor" and that it was supposed to be VERY haunted...

I have always been a skeptic when it comes to the supernatural but I do try to keep an open mind, so I thought it would be fun to walk around a "haunted house", so I contacted the owner and he offered to take me on a private tour in the evening (he runs some kind of business during the daytime and wanted to show me around personall)....but as soon as I got up to the house and walked inside the front door, all sorts of strange s**t started happening...

While walking through the house, I got the chills several times even though the air conditioning was running at 82 degress...

When we went up to the top floor of the house, all of the sudden, all of the lights went out for like 5 minutes...yet the ceiling fans were still working!!!

While walking down one of the hallways, we saw a door swing wide open only to swing shut almost as fast. My host then went over to the door to try and open it and it would not budge an inch!!! We then walked further on but a little later, we came back through the same hallway again and there was the infamous door, standing wide open again!!!

My host swore that it was just the 2 of us in that house that night, so whatever was going on, I have no rational explanation for anything.....but I think I'm a believer now!!!!!
hey if i done this right i wanted to say i am friends of the guy who owns the house and i worked there every halloween and i can tell u alot of stuff that goes on there lol

·
Registered
27 Posts

Since, it was only a tour then you would not be able to investigate what would cause the lights to malfunction. Seems to be faulty connections between light fixture and fan. I see this too often with ceiling fans, which is usually due to the fan vibrating too much to cause the light fixture to loosen until it goes out which would make it appear to be activity.

The door, you should have tried yourself being skeptical you would be able to discern if the door is simply not properly installed. Or even the floor around the area being either sunk in when walking near the door causing it to jam and not open and when walking away it frees up and the door swings open.

You always have to look at every reasonable aspect of it, always try to find a natural cause before going supernatural. On the other hand, I am glad you are entertaining the idea of a reality of Paranormal.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Do you think you can get me the contact info i want to take a tour in this house a personal tour like u did one night and see for my self i heard story and what not and i just wanna look for my self so if u can get me the contacts info that would be grateful thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since, it was only a tour then you would not be able to investigate what would cause the lights to malfunction. Seems to be faulty connections between light fixture and fan. I see this too often with ceiling fans, which is usually due to the fan vibrating too much to cause the light fixture to loosen until it goes out which would make it appear to be activity.

The door, you should have tried yourself being skeptical you would be able to discern if the door is simply not properly installed. Or even the floor around the area being either sunk in when walking near the door causing it to jam and not open and when walking away it frees up and the door swings open.

You always have to look at every reasonable aspect of it, always try to find a natural cause before going supernatural. On the other hand, I am glad you are entertaining the idea of a reality of Paranormal.
Good point about the door...but what about the chill I felt when the door finally opened?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I am no Disney Imagineer, but studying what little I have of Yard Haunts and Haunted House Attractions, it has something to do with Professional Pneumatics and Animatronics.
Otherwise, I am as baffled as you are.
If this is Truly a Spook, as I think it is too, then it is a Male Energy from somewhere around the 1700's to the 1800's, quite wealthy, Prominent, owned that property at one time.
He is Angered over something or is confused and may need help.
I see him in my mind's eye.
He is tall, medium build, dark hair and eyes, a bit of a Mustache, He dislikes vistors.
His dress and demeanor are that of someone quite prominent, like of those that would have a Servant or Servants.
I see him in a Hallway on the upper floor, he is walking quickly, as if to go to one of those rooms.
That room where the door came locked for no reason, that was his Bedchamber or possibly his Study.
It is where he goes for Privacy.
He is not quite friendly, as maybe you had hoped for.
He gives me a chilly disposition.
He may well have not been a nice person in life, so he is this way also in death.
He may treat others, Visitors included, as Servant Classes.
Just be aware of this and wish him peaceful Transition to Spirit.
All I know is the guy that walked around the property with me said the place used to be a brothel and that several working girls were said to have died badly there...but your insight could be right on target as well for all I know...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts