Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· The Haunting Girl
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this posted in the Hauntcast Minions group on Facebook:
Razor Blade Found Wrapped In Child's Candy Bar After Trick-Or-Treating
I'm seriously hoping this is fake, but even if it is this is going to have serious impact on Halloween for most of us. This is the first I'm hearing about it, but I'm now watching Facebook like a hawk to see if any of the "Mom" pages I follow post anything about it.
Thoughts?

· The Haunting Girl
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that is my concern. No matter how fake something is there will always be people who believe it and spread it around telling everyone that it's true. Of course we all look at and we know it was probably a set up for easy money or 15 minutes of fame, but it will now be used by the anti-Halloween groups as part of their gospel as to why Halloween is dangerous and evil.
While checking to see if it made as far as News 12 NJ, I saw another story about a 4 year old boy that was beaten up by three teenage girls for his candy. He apparently didn't do anything to provoke the girls and is now the child is scared to go outside according to his mother. True or not, the story does have a bit of a happy ending as another 4 year old, a little girl, is donating half her candy to the little boy.
The fact that these stories are getting out there and being constantly replayed by Mom-sites and media groups is my concern. I never see posts or stories about how some of these tales are fake except by people like us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.