Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the first solar lights for $37-3 lights, one solar collector/battery. I returned and found them on sale for $27.00 .
They work very well. Charge all day, turn on when it is dark enough to need them, they are very weatherproof, built heavy, designed well, adjustable,heavy cast metal spot lights with a very solid adjustment knurled knob which sets pushing "teeth" into Teeth for no sloppy motion once it's all set.
I have modified mine by running their thin , little wires inside of conduit, and modifying the light's pointy metal shaft so they can be screwed to a board better since I am not merely pushing these into dirt.
People see the South and West sides of my house. From the South they now see lights on the Pteradactyl skeleton, and lights on the 40 foot "Belfry"/tower, and light on the cupola. From the West they now see the wrecked Hudson Poe-lease cars coming through the sides of the house and the fingers of the huge Marc Cline "Hand" and huge steel-welded skull (My creation)
I just re-painted the taxi cab and Poe-lease cars . I also changed the color of the huge skull, painting it "Safety" Bright blue'
Ever since oil-based paints have been banned here in Illinois (Too many "Paint-Drinkers" here? ) I discovered a nice "secret".. you can still buy oil-based paint here , it's called "Tractor Paint" comes in bright tractor colors too!
I need to paint many items made of steel, displayed outdoors. The non-oil based paints don't last long enough outdoors to even bother painting then on. They fade so quickly it's criminal.
I have other things to do here! I'm an important person, I have leaves to rake, cat boxes to dig through!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The solar units I bought seem to do very well with out tons of bright sunshine. They turn on when they should and stay strong from dusk to at least 12 Midnight , my closing time.
The quality of the light is a white-light which adds a definite strange quality even as the light might get more dim as the night goes on.
When I first got this house 27 years ago my electric bills ran from $18 to 23.oo a month and was doing welding, ever since a Co-op took over the bills runs $150 a month and more. Anything I can do to not spend more and more money helps.

·
Registered
854 Posts
WOW! That Co-op is not very co-operative! The POINT of a Co-op is to keep prices DOWN!
These lights of yours sound good - where did you get them? I'd like to check them out.
HM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts