Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here he is my first try. I can not take credit for this idea it is not my original but it was fun even if I felt there were things I should have changed.
This was made and donated to a non profit medieval event and the gentlman standing by him a knight with the SCA.
Hope you liked him it was fun. Sending a picture and never did it through the forum hope I get it right!

Gate Keeper

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Nice work he looks very good, must have been hard to put in all that work and let him go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gate Keeper

Nice work he looks very good, must have been hard to put in all that work and let him go.

I thank you for the encouragment I needed a little as I could see many things I felt I did wrong. But perfection is only going to happen with practice.
It was for a good cause and I took my love of Halloween out of mothballs for I have not done anything since 2001 due to family and illness etc.
Besides he was just a dry run till next time.

Thank You again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raven Muncher?

Nice use of Latex. How much does that bad boy weigh.
Thank You for the compliment but,
This monster was not done in latex. He was done with chicken wire and paper mache' interesting mixes of paint. Duct tape was used with the stocks and twine was used to create the vines or viens which ever way you see it.
The stand is of course the support and the grapevine was used for camo for the stand. Latex make-up is the only time I have used latex but not on monster making. The stand was a bit weighty but Raven Muncer was lighter because of the use of wire and paper. He was almost 10 feet tall.
Lots of layers of polyurethane to protect from moisture.

Gate Keeper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts