Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Lousy; so much to improve on

Votes: 6 7.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All things considered, how would rate Halloween 2015?

·
Registered
404 Posts
For the last three years I have been saying this is the last year. That is until Halloween night when I am inspired by the kids and their parents enthusiasm. I got to break away and see more of the neighborhood haunts than I have ever before. One walk through it turns out was a teenager who was inspired by our haunt when he was a kid, so he made his own. One mom promised to call me in the middle of the night when her kid woke up with nightmares. Another mom teased me for always saying I'm done with it and made me promise to continue. Trick or treating is a great tradition and we should fight the trunk or treat and other events that take away from neighbors scaring neighbors.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Mine was good, and I'd probably have thought it was nearly perfect if we hadn't had one of those Stars-All-Align parties a couple years back. That raised the bar.
Whether I do or don't accomplish everything on my list, it's ultimately the guests who make the party fun. They showed up fully prepared to have a good time.
We missed a few who were unable to make it, and we had rain that limited outdoor decor, but overall, it was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
902 Posts
It was a little windy early, but by 7 pm it calmed down, we had the most fun we've ever had on halloween!! Friends, family, a ton of ToTers, it was excellent!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,506 Posts
Simply awful weather, which pretty much ruined our party (we had very low turnout, but the ones that did make it had fun I think).

Halloween was also horrible for most of the day but it did finally clear off late afternoon and we were able to setup some of our stuff and get some lighting (but no where near what we planned). Still, had ~150 TOTs, great compliments.

Very sad that a ton of our decor wasn't able to be used at all due to the weather, tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
100/10
Was an amazing time. I never set my expectations high because I find that's when you get let down. Let the night take its course and this year and hopefully it turns out great. This year did for sure

·
Registered
60 Posts
A lot of little things came together Halloween to make it a memorable day for me and the fam. I live in N.Y so the weather being so nice was a plus. Mid 50's in the afternoon made for a comfortable trick or treat walk. This was my first year having a party with my family and my kids all got involved in one way or the other. My 10 yr old helped me with all the deco and many home made props. My 12yr old, who did mention that this was her party cause a lot of her friends were invited made scary cupcakes and punch. My 17yr old who many of his friends were also invited helped with the cleanup. An all around group effort with my wife and I helping each other cook. Their were about 35 guests which concerned me because I live in a 2 1/2 bedroom 2nd floor apartment but we made it work and everyone had a great time. Things came together nicely, not to sound corny but I was proud of myself .Oh I forgot to mention my live in landlords on the 1st. fl. are born again Christian, that's not a bad thing but they did mention to me several times that Halloween is the devils birthday. I just smiled and told them its just a fun day for the kids nothing more nothing less. Not much they could do anyway.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The weather held out, cloudy and windy.... we had a lot of Tots about 500..... I didn't get to build all the props I wanted to
overall it was great but always more to improve on as in props......

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,218 Posts
My props held up, went tot, and when we cam back, middle son brought 10 of his high school band friends home. I think they thought I had a party again with all the decor. They all loved the plague doctors! DH and I ended up feeding them pizza at 11p and watching horror flicks on TV. I had a nice relaxing time with my sons and their friends.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It was good just a few minor hick up i have to figure out something to better distribute my chilled fog get i cant seem to find the right spot.. But over all a really nice halloween with double the amount of people compare to last year !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awesome Halloween!!! Weather was great, props all worked, nothing got damaged :) The only downside is that we were a little rushed prepping for the party, getting dressed and handing out treats. Next year we're getting some assistance with prepping on the day of the party. Lesson learned ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Everything was perfect - weather was chilly, good breeze, leaves falling, corn stalks rustling, haunt was as planned. Only issue was that 90% of TOTs came before it was dark. Strange

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
Well as the saying goes: "You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather!"

This year, we had 10+ inches of rain and flooding the week prior to Halloween, and as a result, we had to close off the backyard and cancel our walk through graveyard but to a very muddy mess.

I used about 1/4th of the graveyard props and made a make-shift display in the front yard as the rain held off Halloween night. The only silver lining to all this was we had between 600-700 ToT's... which I was completely NOT expecting. Last year we had around 200, so with all the wet conditions, I expected a decline... boy was I wrong! We ran out of candy and had to make a mad dash to get more.

Everyone who came had positive and good things to say which pleased me, but I know it could have been much better. Also... I need to rethink the set up so I'm not wasting my time working, but rather enjoying Halloween with friends, family, and guests.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts