Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started working on writing software to use a Raspberry Pi an an audio servo controller to control the jaw of a skull (filling the role otherwise filled by a Scary Terry type board, or Jawduino or Wee Little Talker). The code will be released as free open source once I've got the initial version working, but I'm curious whether or not others are interested and might use it if available.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My project, which I've named ChatterpI, is completed! You can see a demo video here:
A full write-up is up at ChatterPi: a Raspberry Pi Audio Servo Controller | The Aspiring Roboticist. This includes a link to the Git Hub repository with the code, including a full Users Guide.
Audio input can be either .wav files stored on the Pi or from an external source, including a microphone.
I developed it on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 A+. It should run on any Pi 3 or 4. I don't know about a Pi 2. Unfortunately, it seems to overtax a Pi Zero and will not run correctly on that platform. A downside of using Python, I suspect. Update: I've found the code that was slowing things down too much no a Pi Zero and rewrote it. It now runs fine on a Pi Zero as well! Saves a few bucks in hardware costs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts