Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Hi all. This is an item from my collection. A brief history. This is a die cut, jointed cardboard/paper skeleton made by the Beistle co. Beistle has been making Halloween items since the early 1900's until today. Chances are, some of the hanging skeletons and other decorations while we were all growing up were Beistle made. Beistle made 2 popular size skeletons. That being a 22 and 55 inch. However, there seemed to be another one, a 66 inch. The largest one they make and so rare that there is not really much record of it. Dare I say, this might be the only one left in existence and in the original packaging. This one was probably made sometime in the 70's. I love the face on this thing. It screams vintage Halloween. Also, it resembles the old horror comic books and magazines.

Rob

·
Registered
471 Posts
Very nice Rob, that is one great find.

Love the vintage cut outs. Reminds me of my youth
Growing up on a Ranch meant not having any Trick or Treaters. I was a treat to go into town and see all the houses decorated with decorations as shown above. I remember seeing that skeleton and my other favorite was a Witch that had the best colors of green and orange .

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It was those skeletons among other things, that really got me going on Halloween. My mother still has several of the smaller ones, and the 55" that hung in my room all year 'round, until I moved out. Someday i'll have to go get them...
HM

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
That is so cool - brings back fond memories! That's the one mom hung on our back door. I remember measuring against it every year through elementary, & it being taller than me every time! Wish I could go back in time & get it. Def. one to hang on to & treasure.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
when the thin cardboard skeleton is there it is not a "Stroll" you better be Running and running fast! Either away, from it or holding it out from you as you chase the younger siblings! (Insert evil laugh here~~)

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
To Me Beistle is the undisputed masters of Nostalgic Halloween, I still have many pieces from them and put them up every single year. I could not even imagine a year going by without my Beistle cut outs put up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts