Halloween Forum banner

How Does The Decapitated Rapunzel Head Looks?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Year I am making a fairy tales gone wrong haunted house. So I for the entrance of it, I am having a decapitated Rapunzel body that will have her head hanging down with her hair creating a curtain you must go through to enter. I got a bald decapitated head on ebay, for the base. For the long hair I used hula skirts from Dollar tree. I untangled, untied, and straighten each piece of hula skirt paper. I hot glued 2 pieces of it together to make each hair strand 8 feet long. Then hot glued it to the head, at first made it look perfect for the front of it, after three rows like that, I attached the hair strands randomly on the head. Next I will be working on making the decapitated body that will go along with the head. Hope you guys like it, would love to read your comments on it. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Will it be identified as Rapunzel? I mean it is kind of obvious by the hair. But was just wondering if the name would be present in the display. If so the only downside would be if you get a young TOT dressed as Rapunzel coming by and being horrified that you decapitated her hero. Either way it looks awesome.

It did give me some inspiration. All of a sudden I was seeing the fun I could have with creating a suspended creature, and use your hair concept to create more like tentacles. I was thinking along the lines of the "Beholders" from Dungeons & Dragons. Something like the pic below.
beholder.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will it be identified as Rapunzel? I mean it is kind of obvious by the hair. But was just wondering if the name would be present in the display. If so the only downside would be if you get a young TOT dressed as Rapunzel coming by and being horrified that you decapitated her hero. Either way it looks awesome.

It did give me some inspiration. All of a sudden I was seeing the fun I could have with creating a suspended creature, and use your hair concept to create more like tentacles. I was thinking along the lines of the "Beholders" from Dungeons & Dragons. Something like the pic below.
View attachment 121819

Thanks! & I will have a recording playing every 2 minutes saying "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your... HEAD!! (Evil Laugh, Lady Scream) so you will be able to know. & It is always up to the parent to let them into the haunted house. So if a kid sees it, it will be the parents responsibility.

& I think your idea on the tentacles would come out great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol maybe some blush or eye shadow, cant really add lipstick, but I think it will be fine when it is right next to a body in a dress. People will see the connection.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like the idea of adding makeup. It just looks a little bit out of place to me. The blood is running the wrong way and that makes it look odd to me. The blood should be running down towards the hair, not up toward the chin. That is, if the photos are showing how the head is going to be displayed?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be adding make up and blood on the hair. I will post pics of the final full body as well when its done. Thanks everyone for the feedback! :) I appreciate it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That looks awesome!! I am dong a Twisted Fairytales party this year and have I am going to make a head with yellow wool which wasnt cheap and this seems so inexpensive:D
Yes it was and it looks like hair! I'll love to see what other things you may do.

·
Potions Master
697 Posts
That looks just as amazing with the make-up :) What did you use for the head? I too am making one and I think I will use a styrofoam head and wool for the hair but I don't think it will look as good as this one :(
I don't know how to attach the wool to the head :(
I dont have a hot glue gun :(
Any tips? :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts