Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
What is up with people on craigslist? Some people are STUPID.
3 days ago I came across a post for $1500 worth of Lemax Spookytown stuff for $200....WOW!! And it was the 2nd post, it had been offered 3 weeks earlier too, with no takers.
I freaked, I emailed....and being broke, got my wife and mom involved.....they were going to get it for gifts...xmas, bday, whatever...as I told them, a cheap way of making me VERY happy for months...
So the lady emails me back saying that she had it and she was having a moving sale today, and if I wanted she would send the address. I knew from the post that she lived over 50 miles away from me. But I said sure, but I want this stuff...we'll come get it, etc.
Never heard another word. But this morning, we found a post advertising the moving sale, withthe address posted, AND still advertising the Spookytown.
So we drove all the way there, to find it gone, and one of the dumbest rednecks I have ever met minding the sale. All he would ever grunt was"Uh, I think its sold...."
Can you call her and make sure?"
"Uh, naw.."
$#^#^ IDIOTS!!! I could have had a friggin great deal...
Here's the thing with CL people...when you respond to an ad..leave a phone number-I did!!
And when you are advertising....when someone emails you...send them your phone number!!! Or at least CALL THEM!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
That horrible. I am sorry you went through all that effort. I sell on craigslist a lot and always respond to emails with my number asking them to call me to arrange a meet.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I'm so sorry that happend to you. I hate people that are like that. I once had the same problem thankfully I diden't have to go as far but it was a HUGE disapointment. When ever I have something I'm intrested in I'll tell them I'm paying cash and also give them a cell number just so they can call and tell me if it's gone. (i ask them) If I find them to be scammers, a-holes or just rude like that I seek my revenge.

The person inside me would be posting there number in the personall adds right about now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, thats the problem, we never got a number. I suppose it was our fault for driving all that way without knowing, but it was obvious she wasn't going to get back to me. What a twit.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
How disappointing! That sucks you drove all the way there for nothing, not even a returned phone call. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well...if it makes ya feel any better I found an all year round Halloween "super store" online in my area about 45 minute drive...so we go and the freakin' store is closed down! (and for months apparently) Talk about mad!! So, I write them a not-so-nice email saying basically thanks for the inconvenience & waste of my time...no response back of course...Ya think they would have updated they're website with that info...so word to the wise if anyone looks up Scare Pros.com (in the PA area)...they are NOT in business!!! Or at least not in a store front.. :mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well...if it makes ya feel any better I found an all year round Halloween "super store" online in my area about 45 minute drive...so we go and the freakin' store is closed down! (and for months apparently) Talk about mad!! So, I write them a not-so-nice email saying basically thanks for the inconvenience & waste of my time...no response back of course...Ya think they would have updated they're website with that info...so word to the wise if anyone looks up Scare Pros.com (in the PA area)...they are NOT in business!!! Or at least not in a store front.. :mad:
Spirit Halloween did something similar to me. I called them and they said they'd be open on Halloween, drove ALL the way down there only to be greeted by the manager telling me they closed early on HALLOWEEN.

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
What part of Pa? or town

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've had mixed feelings about cl. I've had a scammer try to buy my truck long distance. Find out that it's a well known scammer who has done it for years in the PA, NY area. Then I've got one who wants my truck and just will not leave me alone. After he got me to drop my price over a thousand dollars I finally said no when he wanted to go lower. Now it's in storage and I told him it would not be out until the end of march. I've heard from him all winter asking if it's still for sale and when I'll get it out. We'll see how interested he is next month. lol

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
cl is fraught with devious behavior... Ebay has alway worked well for me :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
My pet peeve is when you email regarding an item and instead of taking 10 seconds to reply and say sorry, it's gone, they simply remove the listing! How rude! Hehe.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
i've had both good & bad experiences on CL buying & selling. It is a community of flakes that most aren't considerate to others,
just give me the money or how can i play you for less, or the lovely great talk ups,then no-show..............
or sold but don't let ya know until you drive half way around the world with your hopes up on a great deal :mad:
What i really hate is when you advert something for free or next to nothing & you get email & calls about
how "thats not worth it" tell you all about the history of it like ya known the person all your life.....& have no intent to get it.......... :confused:
crackheads....... !! ok I'll get off my soapbox now,.....i might need it for a prop or maybe I'll put it up on CL LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts