Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friend got me thinking, some random numbers.

This will be our 10th halloween in the house.
5 years of doing the Harvest Party for the neighborhood.
7 years of doing a full on haunt at the house.
10 years since taking the kids trick or treat.
13 years since working (volunteer) IN a haunted house to get my halloween fix in since the old house sucked.
14 years since getting the cops called on me for scaring an entire town.
16 years ago I gave up trying to do Halloween parties because people wouldn't get into it. (that didn't stick, did it?)
22 years since getting sent home from work as the costume I chose was too gross (we were supposed to costume).
29 years since my first (very crappy) haunt.
30 years ago I quit trick or treating intent on becoming a haunter.

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yep, I need to know about 14 years and 22.
22 years ago, I was but a whopper flopper at Burger King. We were asked to come to work in costume, and I was opening. Having become rather infatuated with theatrical makeup, and working through issues at the time (I've spoken previously how I walked into a murder suicide scene at age 5), I had a friend at the haunted house I worked make me a lifecast of my head, and I made myself an appliance...a bullet hole in my head, with a nice exit wound out the side. And I went FULL BORE into it. Things dripping and hanging and missing...

My manager, the store manager, actually, LOVED it, and decided it would be a great day for me to learn to run the registers up front. I don't know how many calls were made to the 'how are we doing' number, but there were 5 "He's NOT touching my food" comments prior to the owner coming in to send me home having gotten calls.

I pulled that one out another time that year, and was met with similar reactions. I enjoyed it at the time, looking back I was being rather childish.

________________________________________________________________________________

14 years ago.

We were living in a crappy town. We would see 1-2 ToTs each year. The area was 'not safe'. So, I had been finding other ways to entertain myself. Working haunted houses. Tried the adult parties, etc.

15 and 16 years ago, I had come up with an idea. I'd take my son around trick or treating, then end at my mom's to haunt my old neighborhood. This involved me getting all decked out into a costume, and WANDERING THE NEIGHBORHOOD, approaching ToTs and handing out treats to those who didn't flea before me. This was actually not THAT unusual in my old neighborhood as someone almost always wandered the hood scaring kids. One fateful pair of kids saw me, and ran to their grandma's house. As I walked up to the porch I could hear them excitedly recounting this '8 foot tall' (I'm 6') creature chasing them (I was walking) all over the place (they crossed a street). There may have been some accidents when I opened the door and walked in.

Anyhow, 14 years ago, my wife's granny wanted to have all the kids over. I didn't even think twice, heck, just take my boy around and end at my in-laws then haunt their neighborhood till it was time to head to granny's.

My in-laws live in a town with a population of about 150. EVERYONE knows EVERYONE. Trick or treat is "oh, look it's little bobby dressed as a storm trooper"...And NOW there's this strange dude wandering around from god knows where approaching kids on the street. So, some concerned parents decided to approach me, and when they didn't recognize me AFTER I took off the mask there was this panicked cry that I'd been passing out poisoned suckers, and the sheriff was swiftly summoned.

...I might not have thought that one all the way through.

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
haha What a wonderful story UnOthordOx! 22 year story I say is a win in humor. Some people just don't get it lol

and as for the 14 year story. I am sure that could happen to anyone! That was the perfect mask to walk around in too. almost like a ritual mask of some sort

1 - 11 of 11 Posts