Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once upon a time I had a software audio player that let you give it a list of effects and a list of ambient files and it would play them. Some of the settings let you randomize the time between, left/right fade, volume, etc.

I have not been able to find it again. Anyone here recall something like this? I do need to dig out and power up 2 old PCs to see if I can find it again.

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some reason I keep forgetting about the wayback machine. Thanks for finding that. And thanks for the software writing offer. I think this should do what I want.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I actually started writing a new PC application yesterday called da_Soundscape. So far I have it playing an ambient track (with looping option) as well as playing a random file from a list over the top. Over the next few days I'll add volume and other controls for each playback section.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh really? Thats great. Can't wait to see how it comes out. Thanks for the work you've done on it so far.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
I believe I have trents files for his sound machine & i'm pretty sure he would be ok with me posting the files for others to enjoy as he is being credited as creator & he had publicly been posting & sharing here in the past.......

·
Registered
211 Posts
The software I'm writing is not the same as Trent's, but may be of interest to some. There's no point writing the exact same thing.

Right now I have it working with two "cue lists". Each one can have one or more files each with their own volume as well as some options for pan and play order. I should have it ready for testing later today and will post a link once it's ready.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Hi David, great having you here & more talent in your area of expertise on the forum ! Iooking forward in your software development sfx player program, thank you for your time & talents !!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are a beast. Great job and thanks alot. I am planning on using this to run my thunderstorm. One layer for the rain and wind, one for thunder (used as lightning trigger for Perfect Storm), and the last for the real thunder (slight delay from the lightning) to the speakers. At least that is the theory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts