Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I thought I'd redo a few props I had from back in the day and decorate for the first time in years and then came Covid. Anyways, I'd thought I'd get back into the game and share some of the things my daughter and I redid last year with you guys and keep the spirit alive for 2021.

The last time I decorated was 2017 for my 13 year old son who wanted kids over for a party so I threw a few things together, one of them being this horrible, rushed attempt at a dead lady in the graveyard.

So I started with her first. Stripped everything off down to the bones! Pun intended.

Then did a bit of plastic bag corpsing but used plastic

painters drop cloths instead of bags.

Then a base layer of black spray paint.

Then I went to town trying my hand at painting her. I was quite pleased with the way it was coming along.

I almost always try to do some painting at night under a light so I know how it's going to look when on display. She was looking good!

Went to the store and bought some yarn with my daughter and then an old shirt from Goodwill. Added hair and a distressed shirt and ended up with this gal.

That's about it. Thanks for looking! I'll start another thread with one of the other props we did this last year also,

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another prop from my past. This one I had made out of paper and carpet glue over a Bucky Skeleton. It had a wooden tombstone behind it that I repainted. I used to cut a branch every year and mount it being the tombstone hanging over the skeleton and added a sting of purple lights to the branch, mounted a couple of crows in the "tree" and had one crow pulling the eye ball out of the skeleton's head. Both "eyes" were made of deodorant balls with LED lights in them. Remember these props have been moved across the US, to storage, from house to house after my divorce and are probably about 15 years old. Yep, I'm stubborn and refused to get rid of my favorite things! And here we have our humble beginnings.

Started by stripping him down, corpsing with plastic painters clothes, re wired his eyes and put a base coat of flat brown on him.

Then I turned him over to my daughter since I did the last one and said, "Do whatever you want to him."

He was turning out quite well as she did a fantastic job.

The one thing we were missing was a bird so we drove to Micheals and picked up one of those skeleton birds, a bag of feathers and some moss. I aged the lantern while she added some moss to her creation. I don't have a picture of the bird during her painting it and gluing on feathers that she distressed but here he is mounted up and playing tug-o-war with the eye!

We think he turned out quite well and consider the make-over a huge success!

That's about it for this guy. As usual, thanks for looking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another prop from my past. This one I had made out of paper and carpet glue over a Bucky Skeleton. It had a wooden tombstone behind it that I repainted. I used to cut a branch every year and mount it being the tombstone hanging over the skeleton and added a sting of purple lights to the branch, mounted a couple of crows in the "tree" and had one crow pulling the eye ball out of the skeleton's head. Both "eyes" were made of deodorant balls with LED lights in them. Remember these props have been moved across the US, to storage, from house to house after my divorce and are probably about 15 years old. Yep, I'm stubborn and refused to get rid of my favorite things! And here we have our humble beginnings.
View attachment 744906

Started by stripping him down, corpsing with plastic painters clothes, re wired his eyes and put a base coat of flat brown on him.

View attachment 744907

Then I turned him over to my daughter since I did the last one and said, "Do whatever you want to him."

View attachment 744908

He was turning out quite well as she did a fantastic job.

View attachment 744909

The one thing we were missing was a bird so we drove to Micheals and picked up one of those skeleton birds, a bag of feathers and some moss. I aged the lantern while she added some moss to her creation. I don't have a picture of the bird during her painting it and gluing on feathers that she distressed but here he is mounted up and playing tug-o-war with the eye!

View attachment 744910

We think he turned out quite well and consider the make-over a huge success!

View attachment 744911

View attachment 744912
View attachment 744913

View attachment 744914

That's about it for this guy. As usual, thanks for looking.
Nice work. Great job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts