Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to do a party this year based off of the movie Avatar and i am in need of some rainforest or jungle sounds. Also, should i try to play some of the music from the movie? Or actually play the movie on the tv? Or just the jungle sounds? thanks :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
those nature cds are pretty much everwhere. might check poisonprops.com Adam is an award winning movie sound designer and I think he has some cds that might work.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You could get one of those ambient noise machines by HOMEDICS that has 6 different digitaly recorded "calming" sounds. Waterfall, ocean waves, rain, summer night (crickets), thunder, & you guessed it..RAINFOREST. Costs about $20 and you can find them at Wally-World or Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Since its a digital recording, theres no need to change CD's when it runs out.

LINK to Homedics: http://www.homedics.com/home/top-selling/soundspa.html

Good Luck.

Marc V.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks for all the great input guys! I think i'll do the movie playing on a projector (although the party will last longer than the movie so i may have to loop it or play another movie also) and also download some nature sounds from the above sites. Raven - i totally forgot i have an alarm clock that makes some sort of nature sounds, i'll have to see if it makes rainforest like sounds

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
After I posted Sunday AM, I pulled out my projector & popped in my DVD of Avatar Sunday nite, was pretty awesome to watch like that at home !!
( don't forget to set projector to wide screen if it has the feature ).

·
Registered
63 Posts
1club.fm is streaming internet radio stations
I love the rainforest sounds channel. just stream it and hook your laptop up to the PA system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts