Halloween Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,483 Posts
It's already raining.

Here's what my fave local weather blog says about tomorrow:

Thursday (Halloween): A few showers could still be around in the morning, but it seems like much of the day should be a break between our main rain chances. It will be increasingly humid, as a southerly wind ahead of a strong cold front pushes dew points well into the 60s. High temperatures will shoot into the 70s; we could even touch 80 again in the city. Winds will be out of the south at around 10 mph to 15 mph, flipping to gusty out of the northwest behind the front at night.

Strong to severe storms — possibly with limited lightning — become likely during the evening. For now it seems they will focus on the 7 p.m. to midnight time frame (about 8-10 p.m. as of now in the immediate area). Some shifts in this are still a good bet. These things often come in a bit earlier in close. Other than heavy rain and lightning, the main risk will be damaging winds, but an isolated tornado isn’t impossible.
So it seems like as long as the kids get out ASAP they will be fine.

No cemetery, too windy, but pumpkins will go out but not as many as usual, so will my mermaid & skelly fish & the window projection will go up too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having this same issue.. rain on Halloween is very annoying, to protect your props id recommend putting them inside your house asap or put tarps over them. but id recommend putting them inside shelter asap as it's a safer solution hope this helps! 🎃

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys! I live in NE Pennsylvania and the weather forecast says its a 50 percent chance of precipitation if it does rain I don’t know want to do:(.
I have about 40 inflatables I put up and about 10 animatronics what can I do to protect the expensive animatronics like the headless horseman from Home Depot and Animated zombies and dragons? Can these props withstand the rain? What do y’all think?
Hello,

I live in DC and we just started getting rain and the worst will be on Halloween. I have animatronics out in the yard too and was stressed like yourself.

I bought 6 & 3 mil plastic sheeting and all-weather duct tape. I duct-taped the sheeting to the edge of the gutter and reinforced it with more tape. I also ran another sheet from a window over another area of my front yard.
From the gutters, I ran the plastic to my tunnel and gathered the plastic and used clips to mount it to the frame and ran the other piece over tall curtain stands. The only issue with the latter is that I have to use a telescoping light bulb changer to push out water that has pooled. Tomorrow is a different story but for now, fingers crossed. Good luck I feel ya
my yard is dry and so is Pennywise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello,

I live in DC and we just started getting rain and the worst will be on Halloween. I have animatronics out in the yard too and was stressed like yourself.

I bought 6 & 3 mil plastic sheeting and all-weather duct tape. I duct-taped the sheeting to the edge of the gutter and reinforced it with more tape. I also ran another sheet from a window over another area of my front yard.
From the gutters, I ran the plastic to my tunnel and gathered the plastic and used clips to mount it to the frame and ran the other piece over tall curtain stands. The only issue with the latter is that I have to use a telescoping light bulb changer to push out water that has pooled. Tomorrow is a different story but for now, fingers crossed. Good luck I feel ya View attachment 725459 View attachment 725460 View attachment 725461 View attachment 725462 my yard is dry and so is Pennywise.
Looks very cool! Would love to walk into that setup.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
^^ Wishing you much luck. Wind could make that whole thing a disaster. I have exactly 6 small tombstones in the graveyard. Will only put out a couple props by the front door as it's covered. If it's bad enough I won't even do that. I've been bummed out but there's nothing that can be done. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Such bad weather it sucks!
The good part for me is that since my trick or treat has been moved to November 2nd, I can get some nice deals at Home Depot and put it up the same day.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It’s been raining here all yesterday and it still is this morning 😞. I had more elaborate plans this year but sadly due to the weather and personal reasons I wasn’t able to get as much out this year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cold front and rain expected to be gone by 6:00. If so, this is perfect as long as the props hold up during the storm.
Cooler afterwards and wet pavement make for awesome fog scenes. One can hope.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Heavy snow here right now...supposed to taper off by around 5pm CST. I can deal with the snow...it's this wind that has me not bringing anything out of the garage. Serenity now!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just as forecasted above. Rain swept thru at 4:50 and gone at 5:40. Wind and cooler air followed. Lost a few props to the wind but it was worth it. TOTs showed up in herds. I believe it was around 2000 TOTs as estimated. I’m tired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys! I live in NE Pennsylvania and the weather forecast says its a 50 percent chance of precipitation if it does rain I don’t know want to do:(.
I have about 40 inflatables I put up and about 10 animatronics what can I do to protect the expensive animatronics like the headless horseman from Home Depot and Animated zombies and dragons? Can these props withstand the rain? What do y’all think?
The severe weather held off until at least 10 or 11 pm. By that time the wind was fierce and we let the plastic down and it took my whole photo booth section down too. All good this morning, the tunnel is still standing everything else was curtain rods and curtains. We managed to get two major props inside before destruction came.
How did you fare in your neck of the woods?

81 - 95 of 95 Posts