Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well, last year it was 55, and this year we are officially calling for 25. And snow. I am calling it now. Even this weekend there’s rain. I’m proud we got done everything we wanted, but unless we get a heat wave with no wind, I’m not decorating the yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've given up on the front yard/porch. Moving everything to the carport that I can squeeze in. Supposed to get SNOW showers today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Think it will just be the 2 inflatables that are up now. Have the baby dragon coming today, was getting it to replace Minion that quit working but fixed it. Think he might just stay in the box with the rain and snow instead of getting him wet then having to let him dry out before putting away.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Yay my township decided to be smart and postpone trick or treat till Saturday since now they (the weather people)
Are forecasting thunderstorms! Very heavy rain and high winds and hail!
I’m glad they did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys! I live in NE Pennsylvania and the weather forecast says its a 50 percent chance of precipitation if it does rain I don’t know want to do:(.
I have about 40 inflatables I put up and about 10 animatronics what can I do to protect the expensive animatronics like the headless horseman from Home Depot and Animated zombies and dragons? Can these props withstand the rain? What do y’all think?

No! Dont risk it! Props are expensive. If rain is not blowing sideways from wind, you can try doing a triangle cover over the large prop. Attach tarp to wooden 2x1's... cut to 7 ft, easier to pound in the ground. Use a tall ladder. You can make a nice makeshift cover in the shape of a long triangle. That's what I'd do. I had my haint early because here in Tx its getting worse by the min. I know my cohorts are all stressed worried about attendance, tomorrow and hoping displays arent ruined. Good luck! Mellissa

Attachments

61 - 80 of 95 Posts