Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The thing about rain on Halloween is that tot count goes down to nothing. Not worth a display at that point no matter how you make it hold up. I have a mountain of work to do if the weather somehow improves on the day but right now it looks like a rain out. Even Sunday will be pouring rain. I just won't begin the massive push with a Halloween forecast of rain. Halloween hasn't been a complete rain out for some years so I guess I can't complain too much. It's gonna happen eventually here in NY. Looks like this is the year. We'll see.
Yeah that’s true also.
I’m just very disappointed ☹

·
Registered
559 Posts
Right now they seem to be calling for rain all day here on Halloween. My outside display has been up for 2 weeks now.

I’ve probably spent about 20-30 hours converting my garage into a museum, making new props for it and doing other odds and ends over the last couple of days. It sucks putting that time an effort into converting the garage if no one comes because of rain.

But on the plus side, I enjoy listening to the rain on the roof. Worst comes to worst, I get to hang in the garage listening to the rain and I have my theme for next year. Just redo the museum.

Any it’s not like the weathermen have never been wrong before.

·
Registered
54 Posts
DC suburbs/Maryland here and the chance of rain is now up to 80% for Halloween. I'm reconfiguring my yard to include more static props; I'm not going to risk the animatronics getting wet. And I'm getting a smaller amount of candy but full-sized bars for the kids who brave the bad weather.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,521 Posts
If Halloween gets rained out does it usually get rescheduled?
Some jurisdictions will change the day of trick or treating no matter what the weather, but in the majority of the US I'd say no, they go out rain or shine.

Around here in my part of MD anyway.

And in my part of MD they're predicting rain. Not sure how hard or how long yet, but it's definitely going to rain. I hope it stops before nightfall so, at the very least, the kids can go out so I don't have to haul all the candy into work the next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Some jurisdictions will change the day of trick or treating no matter what the weather, but in the majority of the US I'd say no, they go out rain or shine.

Around here in my part of MD anyway.

And in my part of MD they're predicting rain. Not sure how hard or how long yet, but it's definitely going to rain. I hope it stops before nightfall so, at the very least, the kids can go out so I don't have to haul all the candy into work the next week.
AH okay, I’ll have you ask around in my area then. We moved here this year. My weather forecast is now saying 100% rain. I’m so bummed. 😔

I hope the rain lets up for you so before sunset.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,521 Posts
At least it's not going to snow & I'm not being encroached upon by wildfires. It wouldn't be the first Halloween that got rained out & it won't be the last so I figure I'm lucky compared to some.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
As of now, 100% chance of rain here in SW PA. I will concentrate on lighting, FCG, sound effects and window projections. I usually sit outside my front door to hand out treats. With the rain, I think I'll put up a EZ-up tent to give myself more dry space.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Dallas has a reprieve but only for Halloween after early morning. Tues and Wednesday are rain and more rain. Going to be a short work day.

Better than last year though. That was a disaster. Rain until 4pm

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looks like a 80 percent chance of rain with one inch of rain expected and winds at 15 plus mph :((.
If it’s going to be that windy I’m not going to risk my animatronics getting thrown around just not worth it.
luckily I have a big front porch so I’ll still have a couple animatronics out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
At least it's not going to snow & I'm not being encroached upon by wildfires. It wouldn't be the first Halloween that got rained out & it won't be the last so I figure I'm lucky compared to some.
That’s true, the Getty fire in Los Angeles might cancel Halloween in the area is grew up in. So scary.

Looks like a 80 percent chance of rain with one inch of rain expected and winds at 15 plus mph :((.
If it’s going to be that windy I’m not going to risk my animatronics getting thrown around just not worth it.
luckily I have a big front porch so I’ll still have a couple animatronics out.
That sucks, but better safe than sorry. 😔

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,361 Posts
Hi guys! I live in NE Pennsylvania and the weather forecast says its a 50 percent chance of precipitation if it does rain I don’t know want to do:(.
I have about 40 inflatables I put up and about 10 animatronics what can I do to protect the expensive animatronics like the headless horseman from Home Depot and Animated zombies and dragons? Can these props withstand the rain? What do y’all think?

your precious animatronics WILL NOT survive getting soaked! Don’t chance it! Put them inside peering out through windows or in a covered garage. Otherwise - keep them boxed up until next year.... imo. Good luck and BOO!

21 - 40 of 95 Posts