Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some how to shots of my Halloween prop made from a whit plastic barrel.
I got this barrel for free and it only had soap in it so good and clean inside.
It seems fairly thin and light comes through it very good.
This picture is just a 5 watt Green LED bulb inside from Walmart...cost $4.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No motor yet.... but the basic frame was setup.
And yes my garage is just as cluttered as all you guys...
I decided on this Trick or Treat Studios mask... "radioactive zombie"

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After adding motor I realized that frame work had too much flex sideways and added the centre brace. I split the T fittings and slid them over verticals so not to interfere with sliding part inside.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
I have a video of him on my U-tube here...https://youtu.be/3KHD-JLDdbc
Just the almost finished version - not inside / how it work...
Still need to paint Toxic waste or Radioactive or just Skull and cross bones on barrel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the aluminum link arm was a cross bar off an old pair or motorcycle handlebars. recycle reuse.!
I wanted him to always stop in the slumped over position so utilized the wiper motor park switch. Next I needed something to give him shape and stop shirt from getting caught in mechanism... a old garbage basket....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I improved on that with a second waste basket on top because the shirt was bunching up in the chest area on movement downward. Then padded shoulders with cheap dollar store knee pads.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hands are just rubber gloves with fingers stuffed and the pivot is inside so it looks like he is trying to push himself up and out of barrel. one more picture:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lastly I found these green lights on sale after X-mass that project on the side of your house etc.
They give a swirling pattern and after trying them I switched from a single green LED bulb to two of them mounted inside barrel. they are at the sides and point across to other side so as to give the light more spread. I really like the look. see video but it looks better in person!
All the power supplies etc are inside barrel so no weather issues.
He is activated by a cheap motion light sensor on "test mode" which goes for 3-5 seconds or so. Then he stops on park switch which is slumped over.
The lights I use are the same as this but Green:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
4 Participants
stick
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing