Halloween Forum banner

radio station to partner with

797 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Wolfman 
#1 ·
I got a call from a local radio station today. There call letters are BOB so they always act like bob is a real person, they have been looking for a haunted house for him. They want to promote this hard. THey want two things from me, no other radio station is involved and two I call my haunt Horror on Harmon they want to call it Bob's Horror on Harmon, shoud I do it. My thought is, this is my haunted house, the other side says free advertising who cares who gets credit as long as ppl come, and boy will they come.......

#3 ·
Hallow and WOW! Think it all through before you leap into this. My hubby and I work in radio. Things can get out of hand. Make a list of questions and be ready for some hard discussions. Items such as: How much will you charge (if anything) and how with the proceeds be divided? Who will pay the utility bill for having your set up on all night for several weeks? Will they pay you anything? is there liability insurance in case someone gets hurt on your property? is parking an issue - or drive-by traffic issues requiring local police assistance? Extra vandalism control since your haunt will be so promoted? Talk to your home-owners insurance co. too - just to make sure you are covered if windows get broken or lawn/landscaping is trampled. That said - it sounds like it could be a BLAST!! Exhausting but really fun. BOO!

#5 ·
too bad you can't promote it like - Horror on Harmon this year ghosted by BOB!

Or something like that...saying it's still YOUR house, YOUR creation, you're just letting BOB join in with you this year. That way if it doesn't happen next year, you just drop BOB and it's still Horror on Harmon.

#7 ·
I agree with HallowSusieBoo! It sounds like a blast BUT I think you should have legal representation going into this. As sad as that is IMO it's a necessity these days. There may be recurring costs as well, ie security and insurance for the following years if the crowds keep coming back after that much publicity. Having said that, I would certainly do it if I had the cash and time to do it.....oh yeah....I am so JEALOUS!!!! lol, have fun and keep us posted with what you decide to do.

#9 ·
Awright, Scorp!

Legal issues aside, make sure to stand your ground. Don't let them run roughshod just because they're media types. We've had TV coverage in our place and two of three stations were extremely gracious. Unobtrusive, showing highlights of the haunt on the 6:00 News, interviewing kids outside on LIVE TV!, the TOT's loved it. The third station wanted to do the weather broadcast from the Mad Scientist's Lab. They tied things up for almost 20 minutes with hundreds of TOT's outside and the Anchorman guy was boorish. It came out really well on TV, but it was a major inconvenience for our people. In retrospect, I should have let them do the weather from the Graveyard, and we could have people coming through in a steady stream. The media coverage was, overall, one of the best things about our haunts. It reaches a LOT of people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.