Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say a prayer for the Pontiac line of GM Corp. After all these years of service you have given us, I thank you. Though I have known you most of my life and have treasured our time together it is time to bid a farewell. Though you did not deserve the hand you were dealt and if not for those big wig @$$#0Le$ making tons of money to play pocket pool in the high rise offices, you would still be with us. You will be forever in my heart and driveway. RIP V

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hey BlakkHeart, I too have a heavy heart about the massive restructing of GM Corp, it's a very sad day for Pontiac. But not all hope is lost. For my baby girl is my love, and regardless of how many times over the years I've had people wanting to buy her, it's very well known that she is "NEVER" for sale. I've had my baby girl 18+ years and know every single piece of her, every sound, every purr, and every groan. Sure she's starting to have aging issues but this is why I dedicate my heart to her, to preserve her life. I talk to her everyday and let her know that I wouldn't trade her for the world. Her and I are together until I part from this life at which time my hubby will keep her alive, he already has grown to love her and has put a great deal of blood sweat & tears into her with me. We are apart of each other, know each other and fit like a glove. She's seen me through some very rough times in my life & now I in turn with see her through her better years, we'll never part.
So, I hope this will bring a smile to your heart knowing that I treasure my piece of Pontiac History, and will be doing my part to keep it alive and well in the hearts of many, and find great satisfaction in the joy her & I bring when countless people stop to talk to us about all the memories she brings back for them, and something tells me she throughly enjoys the thumbs up she gets pretty much every day.:)
Enjoy the pics:) Here's keeping you alive Pontiac!:)

My baby girl, she's a 1981 Pontiac Firebird Formula Second Generation built by Pontiac Div of GM Corp.

Here's a few of her favorite songs. She just loves it when I open her up on the highway to these songs, you can really hear her purr.
There's a few old timer cops here in town who've shared our roads with her over all these years. They get a real kick out of it when I pull up beside them, roll down my windows and crank this song. They just laugh and shake their heads. Sadly, we can't mess around anymore due to massive population boom over the years. But it still brings back good memories all around.
YouTube - AC/DC - Thunderstruck
YouTube - It's a Long way to The Top (If You Want to Rock and Roll)
YouTube - AC/DC - Breaking The Rules
hthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsvwBkVdKw
tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmgHKAwxM0

And yep, her taste in music even evolved over the years.
she purrs like a kitten rockin it to some newer tunes too.
YouTube - Godsmack- I Stand Alone
YouTube - Godsmack - Greed
YouTube - Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love

Enjoy!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Oh, dutchess, I just LOVE the way you talk about your car!! I love my baby, too, and we love to get out on the less traveled county roads, crank up the tunes and let the turbo wind up!! Add a nice day with the top down and you have my idea of heaven. Or even better a clear summer night with a full moon...can't beat it!!! That's some play list you've got there. I'll have to make myself a CD of those songs so I can feel like we're riding "together". Great pics of your car, too. She suits you right down to the ground. I just got the biggest kick out of that post, Thanks!!!

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
Dutchess and MHooch you both are my long lost sisters! I feel the same way about my car. Dutchess, what a great way to sum up how some of us feel about our cars.

My car is not worth much now but I dread the day someone will bang her up to the point I can't fix her. Told hubby I would probably go right out and find an exact copy. Same year, same model...everything. My car feels like it's just an extension of me. After nine years, I still get excited when I slide behind the wheel.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Mamma Hooch!:) It always warms my heart to hear from you. Omg how I'd love to cruise with you down a back country highway, us, our babies on the Eve of a full moon, listening to some ass kickin tunes, now that would rock!
I'll have to send you a list of tunes sometime. Thanks so much for the compliments on my baby, to some she may be just a car, but for me, well she's without a doubt my "Bumblebee" if you've ever seen Transformers;)

Now this might sound really twisted, but well, what can I say, I guess that's just how I am,lol. Cause ever since this song came out I play it a lot in my car cause it reminds me of what I go through constantly around town with people trying to get me to sell her, and ya, they always want to at the very least get inside her,lol. When I bath her and get her all prettied up, it's even worse. Everytime I go into a parking lot there's always someone coming over to hit on her, but they're learning it's never gonna work, we're just to damn connected.
Sometime, when I'm feeling better, I'll do a better translation of this song and how I relate it to my baby girl, our relationship and dealings with the public. But for now, hope you enjoy the experience of just how much a song can be translated by another person very differently depending on their experiences,lol and how they connect to it.

YouTube - Nickelback - Next Contestant - All The Right Reasons

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Mamma Hooch, here's another song I have on my mp3 player I listen to in my girl. It's from Stephen King's movie Christine, it's from the main theme. Just take your baby girl out when you need to get away from the world and crank this song up, it truly permits for a wicked headspace on one of those late night winding road drives when your truly frustrated or just can't focus, enjoy!:);)

YouTube - Stephen King's Christine - Main Theme

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DOD great pics of that car. My dad worked for Pontiac for 25 years, and I grew up sitting in those the Pontiacs. I still remember the first of the third gen firebirds coming out. I have been collecting all the movies with great firebirds in them. Its been a long ride and I have enjoyed it all. I have a 73 formula myself. I have always loved the formula paint and stripes.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
oh man, I thought someone had passed away.....
Ive never heard of a Pontiac so i thought it was a forum members name....
And the way you spoke about it was like it was a person....

So awesome prayer....

Ruggerz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts