Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Though I wasn't a huge fan of his, he is a sheer icon in the culture that I grew up in. You will be missed, Michael. Rest in peace.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
An incredible entertainer and creator of the all-time greatest music video. His personal story was not the fairy tale he tried to create, but I pray he is at peace at last...

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
I played the Thriller video for my young daughters a couple of years ago,and they could not get enough. It is now a Halloween tradition in our house. I'm looking for another video he did with ghost in a haunted house. I will remember him for the man he was and not what he turned into. As a haunter he will be remembered in our house every Halloween.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My friends and I have a tradition to dance the Thriller dance every Halloween. I loved MJ. His music was a big part of my childhood. I have been just so depressed today. :(

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah, he was creepy towards the end.

Thriller was pretty freakin' awesome though. Being popular can really ruin people. (I know, Jon & Kate) Good thing I was never popular.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Being a child in the 70's and 80's, his music was ingrained into so many aspects of my life. I was on the dance team in high school and we did a routine to Thriller, and still to this day, it's my favorite MJ song. Strange though he was, there is no denying his talent, imho.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I'm not a great pop music fan, but there's no denying he was a very talented chap.

I'm not sure if he really was as "strange" as supposed, or whether he was just very, very good at self-marketing the Micheal Jackson brand..

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Thriller" was one of my first Halloween influences. Vincent Price, zombies, a horror movie-like video... how can a haunter not love it!! Although his behavior was questionable, his talent was not. I can only hope and pray that he has finally found the peace he so desired. Rest in peace Michael. You will be missed.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I grew up with his music, and would anxiously watch the world premier videos on MTV (back when MTV played videos). Not everything he did was right, but he will always be one of the great all-time entertainers. Every generation has theirs, he is ours.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Although I am only 22, so wasn't around at his peak, I have grown up as a huge fan of Jackson for as long as I can remember. I am still deeply saddened by this news, despite it coming to almost 24 hours ago....:(:( A true genius, and music icon is no more:(

in fact, the first album I ever bought was Thriller(of course, this was after it's release)! I still have the cassette too, along with many others.

I am so offended by these handful of cruel people(not on here!) making jokes about it, I can't believe they can be so insensitive and cruel!! They have no respect what-so-ever. :mad::(

Rest in peace, dear King of Pop.
You will never be forgotten xxxx

"Thriller" was one of my first Halloween influences. Vincent Price, zombies, a horror movie-like video... how can a haunter not love it!! .
I have the making of the video on VHS...it's so great to watch!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Even if one's not a fan of Michael Jackson, there's no denying that he was one heck of an entertainer. His 'Ghosts' special on VH1 ranks right up there with 'Thriller', in my opinion. My condolences to the Jackson family, and may he finally find peace.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I grew up with his music, and would anxiously watch the world premier videos on MTV (back when MTV played videos). Not everything he did was right, but he will always be one of the great all-time entertainers. Every generation has theirs, he is ours.
Wow..you're old enough to remember that MTV played videos :D

I youtube Thriller all the time. Maybe I should do the dance while waiting for the bus and see how many others join in

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
I remember the first time I saw the full length version of Thriller ... I was totally Gobsmacked ... I had been a fan of his music, and being a DJ in the late 70's through to a couple of years back, his "Off The Wall" album was always on my playlist when it first came out. Then "Thriller" came along ... one incredible album. There is no doubt that during this period he rightfully earned the title "King Of Pop".

I have never stopped being a fan, but recently more for the music than the man. However,I am saddened by his death. RIP MJ.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What a devastating loss this was for the entire world. I thought something was fishy when i was listening to the radio and almost every station was playing michael Jackson's music, but it never occurred to me that he passed away until i saw the news later that night. What a shock! R.I.P

·
Registered
165 Posts
My first record was a Jackson 5. I grew up with Michael. I only wish we could only remember the talent and not the weird stuff. I owe much of my love of zombies and Halloween to Thriller and even met my husband while they were playing a Michael Jackson medley at the club we were at. RIP Michael (you too Farrah, heaven is a more beautiful place with you there)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts