Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infomercial salesman Billy Mays passed away at 7:45 this morning. Apparently he was in a plane that had a rough landing and was hit over the head with luggage. He brushed it off and said he was fine, but never woke up the next morning.

Read the article here.

Billy Mays was one of the very few celebrities I actually dreamed of meeting someday. I admired him for his ingenuity, and his always positive attitude. It's a horrible shame he's no longer with us.

This is a very sad week indeed. First Ed, then Farah, then Michael, and now Billy.

May they all R.I.P.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
WE'LL MISS YOU, BILLY MAYS! NOW WHO'S GOING TO SHOUT AT US ABOUT NEW PRODUCTS?

Do you think he'll get a gig as a Guardian Angel? Usually angels silently whisper, but I can hear Billy now: "WATCH OUT! THAT COULD BE BAD FOR YOU!"

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Awesome character, you guys need to check out youtube spoofs of Billy's Commercials, great stuff. I had to call my gf up while she was visiting New York to tell her the news.Pretty shocking, all I can say is wow, I will be saying wow everytime.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
WE'LL MISS YOU, BILLY MAYS! NOW WHO'S GOING TO SHOUT AT US ABOUT NEW PRODUCTS?

Do you think he'll get a gig as a Guardian Angel? Usually angels silently whisper, but I can hear Billy now: "WATCH OUT! THAT COULD BE BAD FOR YOU!"
Somebody thinks he's made it:

I will miss him - he was a truly unique character.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I hate that guy! He's very annoying. Miss him all you want. I won't............... Sorry i can't stand the guy.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I hate that guy! He's very annoying. Miss him all you want. I won't............... Sorry i can't stand the guy.
AGREE!!! I am sick of hearing people on tv talk about what a nice guy he was...I'm sorry but nice guys don't irritate the hell out of people on a daily basis! I also don't like the fact that he hawked crap to people that most times didn't live up to what he said it would!

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Miss that guy? You've got to be kidding. He was the most annoying person I've ever heard, let alone all the bogus crap he tried to get people to buy. I just hope they ditch all the commercials he made quickly. No one made me reach for the remote faster than him, almost wearing out the channel change buttons.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Miss that guy? You've got to be kidding. He was the most annoying person I've ever heard, let alone all the bogus crap he tried to get people to buy. I just hope they ditch all the commercials he made quickly. No one made me reach for the remote faster than him, almost wearing out the channel change buttons.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It would be different if the crap he pitched actually worked. IMHO, He was a willing pawn in legalized scams.

·
Banned
535 Posts
I dont like him either. I agree a scam artist AND i also dont know where they get this hes a nice guy crap. I mean have you ever watched that show pitchmen? HE WAS MEAN!!!!!!

EDIT: Plus just b/c you yell at me and about blow my speakers out dont think for one minute i will buy ANYTHING! from you.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I HEARD THAT IT WASN'T NECESSARILY THE LUGGAGE HITTING HIM OVER THE HEAD THAT KILLED HIM BUT THAT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN HEART DISEASE AND THAT THE LUGGAGE WAS A COINCIDENCE.

I'm pretty curious about the real cause.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
RIP BILLY!

wristslitter you have my sympathies - my mom died after having her aeortic aneurysm (sp?) burst without notice. It's so hard to loose someone so suddenly!
Thanks Ween, I am sorry for your loss as well, good memories eventually surface over time to ease the pain of such a loss. Oh no, I had a human moment, please no one hold that against me..

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am sad to say I thought the same thing when I heard the news. I thought thank goodness maybe I won't have to hear those LOUD annoying commercials anymore. Then I thought how bad it was that I was thinking such a thought. :(

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Now they are going to honor him with a pitchman marathon. Oh crap, I think I'm going to rearrange my sock drawer that day! Maybe number and arrange my underwear by date or something. My dad looked at me and said he was dead and somehow an evil smile came to my face. Now I'm going have to call off the hitman and I know I'm not gonna get the deposit back. LOL JK HEH HEH HEH

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Now they are going to honor him with a pitchman marathon. Oh crap, I think I'm going to rearrange my sock drawer that day! Maybe number and arrange my underwear by date or something. My dad looked at me and said he was dead and somehow an evil smile came to my face. Now I'm going have to call off the hitman and I know I'm not gonna get the deposit back. LOL JK HEH HEH HEH
Please send your "hitman" after that Xtenz guy instead...nothing like watching the Sci-Fi channel night after night and having to hear about that guys sex life...YUK!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts