Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a quick prop for this year so am thinking of picking up a R/C tranantula or a scorpion and wondered if anyone has feedback on these.

I saw an Uncle Milton R/C Tarantula at ABC Distributing (sister company to LTD Commodities?) at a decent price. I see that Target also has the tarantula listed on their website, but it's out of stock. While there I also noticed a Special Action R/C series Scorpion on their site. I could make use one of those for an Egyptian theme. But not sure if either of these would be worth buying.

My only experience has been with a R/C white mouse I bought a few years ago that I love to use in my haunt. I keep the mouse in a cage with the remote under my halloween robe or attached to the underside of a table I'm seated at, etc. and find the best scares are when the kids come up to it, see it and then you move it a just a little. They're expecting a static prop and sometimes it gives them a jump. The white mouse can do a body flip which surprises most people. Short quick moves also cut down on the motor sound.

Love any feedback you have and if you guys use R/Cs in your haunt, love to know how you incorporate them. Thanks.

2,442 Posts
I have a Tarantula it's not RC but very similar, I haven't used it at a haunt but it drives the cats mad chasing it around the living room.. I might use it on Halloween this year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the RC Tarantula and it's very good.... on flat floor :D

Bit noisy, and it will struggle outside, but good fun indoors.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Was talking to a neighbor that is a RC race car enthusiast. I suggested he make a chickenwire rat body to put over his car and chase people up and down the street. He flipped and loved it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Was talking to a neighbor that is a RC race car enthusiast. I suggested he make a chickenwire rat body to put over his car and chase people up and down the street. He flipped and loved it.
We did something similar in past years. We put a scary cat puppet body on an old RC car, and we'd chase kids down the street with it. It was a huge hit at the time. Unfortunately, it became expected after a few years, and the surprise factor diminished. I still get the occassional, "Where's the cat?" question though :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Extremley awesome and extremely simple prop to setup. Here is what we did: IMG_2835 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! .

This is near our front door. As the kids would leave after getting their candy, I would remind them to not step on Fido. This would get them looking down as well as the parents who usually are standing 3 feet away from him. Thats when I would hit the remote and Fido would spring to action. The response was awesome every time. Loved it when I could get the parents to scream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts