Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I've been a member since 2010 but haven't posted but one time. I've just been sucking up all the amazing tips, info, tutorials and projects that everyone posts.

I've only recently gotten back "in to" Halloween in the last few years and even then sort of backed my way in to it. A few years back, I had jaw surgery just two days before Halloween (and, unfortunately, again a couple months later...just 5 days before New Years). Anyway, in prep for the surgery, they took a really cool 3D image of my skull and I thought: "Hey! Skull! Halloween!!". That sent me off to the Internet where I found this forum. Joined right up. It was too late for me to do anything for that year, but during my recovery I spent a lot of quality time reading everything in the forums. Helped keep my sanity and give me something to look forward to for the next Halloween.

The surgery was 2010. 2011 I couldn't get my act together fast enough and only made three simple headstones (with my two boys and we had a lot of fun working on them together). Last year, well...East Coast...weather...I'm sure you all know the story there. So this is it!! 2013 will be the year!! Took today off to work on my PVC flicker candles. I've got 6 tombstones cut and waiting for carving/paint. Plus the fence. And, want to do LED spots. The usual - long growing list!

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and thank you. You truly are an amazing and friendly community.

Steve

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Steve.
Hope your health, and the weather, is kinder to you this year.

baron-samedi-albums-pics-picture169299-greetings.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
The quiet ones...experience has taught me that's the ones you
have to keep your eye. They're tricky...

You aren't going to try to trick us, are you? That wouldn't be nice.

Hate to hear about your jaws. That sounds rather painful. (Me, I get
upset when I get a haircut...can't imagine getting an operation. That
would hurt. But I'm old...my hair is falling out. And I'm glad...when it
all falls out, no more haircuts.)

Anyway, glad to see you. (even if you are from Indiana)

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Dude! Delurking on your BIRTHDAY! That's awesome! :)

Delurking is good for the soul.

You clearly know this place well so all I can say is "welcome to the forums" and "Happy Birthday!" Maybe you'll get a wiper motor to go with your cake! ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
NICE catch about his birthday. You taught me something. But now
we all have to get together and sing Happy Birthday to PepsiSteve.
(and I sing like a monster...you'll be sorry)

But come on..."de-lurking"? Is that even a real word? I'll add that to
my vocabulary.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and birthday wishes (I took today off as my present to myself to mess around with the Halloween projects...what a great, relaxing day!!).

The surgery wasn't serious or life threatening, so all good there and absolutely nothing to complain about!! (I had to have bone cut off from both sides of my lower jaw because it was keeping me from opening my mouth wider than 11mm. They intentionally cut one pair of the, I think, four pairs of muscles that move your jaw....took a llllooooonnngggg time to get any jaw strength back. But,clearly, the expanding size of my stomach is proof that it was a resounding success and that I've made a FULL recovery!! :D So, if you ever find yourself with extra vacation days at work and are looking for something fun to do....I don't recommend it.....;))

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and birthday wishes (I took today off as my present to myself to mess around with the Halloween projects...what a great, relaxing day!!).

The surgery wasn't serious or life threatening, so all good there and absolutely nothing to complain about!! (I had to have bone cut off from both sides of my lower jaw because it was keeping me from opening my mouth wider than 11mm. They intentionally cut one pair of the, I think, four pairs of muscles that move your jaw....took a llllooooonnngggg time to get any jaw strength back. But,clearly, the expanding size of my stomach is proof that it was a resounding success and that I've made a FULL recovery!! :D So, if you ever find yourself with extra vacation days at work and are looking for something fun to do....I don't recommend it.....;))
:) Well, happy belated birthday and "welcome" or rather, thanks for coming out of the shadows?:D Not sure which is correct but whatever it's called, I'm glad you are getting active on the forum. Did you save the bone? You may could use it in a prop. I was just thinking....my husband would probably love it if I temporarily lost my jaw moving abilities...because he probably thinks that would stop me from talking....but....he would be wrong...:D

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts

Happy belated Birthday, and welcome back to the forum! I hope your jaw feels better. Happy haunting and good health.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts