Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Yeah, I know -- some of "YOU folks" (read as: "Propoholics") are also like me...haunted with thoughts of making a prop during, dare I say it, your Christmas "vacation". We'll, I too, am guilty.

These three 1980's pastel-colored, hand-carved, wooden candlesticks were recently donated by my mother-in-law and were just screaming for help as I walked by them last week while they resided (they had to tolerate being yelled smack at by my larger Halloween props) in our garage. And, I just had to help the poor, benign fellas become the instruments of horror which they truly inspired to be. I saw their great "inner" potential. So, I did a "30-minutes-or-less" prop build and here they are:

(And if you are my wife and reading this: Don't worry about the black paint on the driveway, honey -- it will wear off and it actually kind of blends in pretty well.)

T

·
0 Posts
nothin like a quickie,,, LOL all kidding aside, they look great..amazing what a little black paint can do..

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
They look fantastic! you know I am on my Christmas Vacation and I have some similar very large candlesticks outback in my garden..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I think I have some black paint in the garage.............. uhhhh gotta go!!!!:)

Seriously great job! thanks for sharing I love when you do that, it keeps me motivated:)

·
Tormentor of Cucurbits
3,477 Posts
They look great Doc. I need some of those, I think I'll take a look around at the thrift stores tomorrow. Just one little prop this week won't hurt, will it?

·
Soul Snatcher
13,857 Posts
Hey those look quite nicely done !!! Uhhhhhh don't point out the black paint spots, she might not notice !!!! :eek: lol Great job bud !!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Those look great! If I could, I would build a prop everyday, I just wish I had more storage room (think people would be freaked out if there were black candle holders in the bathroom?) :)

the halloweenie

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
those were crying out for help, i could see it, and now they look quite content. nice job there. so you have a paticular spot for them? or play it as it goes? as for the black paint spots on the garage floor, they just enhance the cement. lol. well, they do wear off.lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts