Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an article about how the Costume Industry is taking off. They claim that 1/3 of American adults plan to dress up on Halloween this year, a number that I totally disbelieve. So, True or False - In the US, one in three adults will dress up this Halloween. What say you?

·
Evil Wizard
2,169 Posts
It's possible that many adults might buy costumes for attending a friend's Halloween party, but highly unlikely that so many adults would buy costumes intending to go trick-or-treating . . . *shrug*

·
Registered
383 Posts
When they're talking about adults, they're likely talking about anyone over 18 which would include a lot of college kids. When I was in my early twenties especially I dressed up for Halloween parties every year. Even now well into my adulthood I dress up as a witch. I'll likely do it even after my kids fly the coop one day, as I love the surprised and delighted look on the kid's faces when I answer the door.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
When the Nursing Homes begin dressing their clientele in little costumes, then I will believes the "1/3".
I once had a bus load of very elderly people arrive to see Ravens Grin who must have been real Halloween Fans, since they were all dressed in costumes!
As I did my routines in the first room they kept interrupting my presentation with spontaneous applause!
Incredible!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't know about a third, but a lot of parents in my neighborhood dress up to take the kids out, soooo maybe...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts