Here's a quick and literally 'dirty' way to make some spider eggs sacs. If you want to see them in action, please check out my video showing the spider room:
After a while I will not be able to edit this, so go to my albums to see any changes or lessons learned: Halloween Forum - Terra's Album: Tutorial: Quick Spider Egg Sacs
Fake spider webs
Fake spiders (or real ones)
Bottle of wine (for motivation)
1. Cut out squares of chicken wire. Size depends on how big you want them. I think mine were 3' x 3'.
2. Grab the opposite corners and crimp together. Crimp by just twisting the open cells of the chicken wire to the other open cells.
3. Grab the bottom corner and bring up to meet the other two corners that you already joined together. Crimp together.
4. Crimp one of the bottom edges to close the seam. Leave the other seam open. Finally (no picture) crimp the top seam together so it makes a tall peak. This is where you will hang the egg sac from.
5. Pull apart the poly batting so you get a nice thin layer. Roll egg sac up in it.
6. Now roll egg sac up in cheesecloth.
7. Roll sacs on the ground or outside where it could pick up dirt, dead leaves and little twigs. (Yes my basement was very dirty!) So?!
8. Stretch fake spider webs tightly around sac.
9. Attach bits of moss and real or fake spiders all around the sac. Tie a long string to the top of the sac and hang from your ceiling.
Now, you may have your wine....you will need it to get rid of the heebe jeebies from just looking at this thing!