Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm foolishly holding my breathe for that Saturday the 31st. Ill be happy with 50-53 but who am I kidding...its gonna snow/wintery mix at 42° prolly. 🤞. Yeah I'm 100% sure Im moving as soon as my house is ready for the market.
we summer in Maine and winter in Florida...there's a reason for that.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Its currently snowing where I am right now today. 31°. Any of you warm folks want a Halloween nut as a neighbor? I'm boycotting IA starting 3 days ago

·
Registered
700 Posts
Its currently snowing where I am right now today. 31°. Any of you warm folks want a Halloween nut as a neighbor? I'm boycotting IA starting 3 days ago
I'm a tad warmer (S of ChiTown) but cold rain. I actually like cold better than heat now (used to be the opposite...can't take 80s-90s & humidity anymore) but wish it would stay in the 50s-60s & STOP THIS DAMN WIND!!!!! Had 3 days of sustained 20+ with gusts in the upper 40's so messing with & keeping me from putting stuff out & getting way too late for all I have to do & now rain on & off all week except for 2 days. Depressing!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I totally understand. My daughter has Raynauds - and this is what I'm currently dealing with here in Montana. Supposed to be gone by Tuesday - back into the 50s supposedly.
DealingWith.jpg

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just fear rain, it rains every year here on Halloween. :(. It has changed our whole haunt, now we're doing a few nights, but nothing is like Halloween night.

·
Registered
358 Posts
For ME the 4th of July is TOO HOT, any chance of moving that into January?
And, Can't we make Christmas fall on a weekend every year and get a 3 day weekend?
Maybe, I'm too traditional, but I love my seasonal changes. As I've shared before, I love the 3 seasons, Halloween, Snowboarding and Tomatoes!
Jerseyscare

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think they should move Halloween up a couple of weeks, maybe make it the 2nd Friday of October.
Only issue with that is that is to warm sometimes as I know as I do my Campground haunt the first 2 weekends in Oct. I know it always seems like it rains here too or sometimes snow, can handle the cold or snow a lot better then the rain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I realize this is everyone just saying where they live but I moved to Northwest Arkansas 15 years ago and LOVE it. All 4 seasons but winters are generally mild. Halloween weather is about just as u would imagine. Leaves turning and on the ground and highs in the 60s usually

·
Registered
251 Posts
NY- specifically Long Island. Cost of living not so good, but the weather has been pretty nice , I can’t complain so far. High 60’s lately. I don’t have any ailments, but I despise the cold, always have. Not a big fan of the winter months and Christmas/ New Years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alaska here, looks like it will be in the 30's, I just hope it doesn't snow, I have props outside but the main Haunted House is in my 24 x 36 shop. Having a big bonfire to help keep people warm.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honestly, i don't think you'll ever get perfect halloween weather every year. Some years you might, other years will be effed up (ie, last year and that stupid wind and FREEEEZING Temps).
And while I see where people are getting at with having it in June, or another comparable month, my brother had a wedding in June, weather was perfect. My cousin had wedding in June, same weekend, different year, and it was miserable humid/hot.
We won't always win. I just try to roll with the punches.

·
Registered
621 Posts
North Georgia's nice, if you don't mind extremely hot and humid summers. It's beautiful there in the fall and winter. Low cost of living, compared to Colorado.

Western NC & TN are nice as well. A little cooler, fewer jobs, less people. Absolutely beautiful in the fall.

Florida's insanely hot, humid, and sticky 9 months a year. There's no fall color anywhere, ever, just rain and palm trees.

It should be clear and dry, in the mid 40's here in western CO on Halloween night. Perfect weather. Can't wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in SW Ohio, Halloween is usually accompanied with cold or rain. Sometimes we get both along with some wind. So for 2-3 hours, my live actors and I suffer through hypothermia for the enjoyment of ToTs. We figure if the little ones are going to brave the weather for treats, we'll do it to provide the tricks. It's not too bad when the pace of ToTs is steady. When there are breaks in-between and we aren't moving around as much, that's when the cold misery sets in.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Honestly, i don't think you'll ever get perfect halloween weather every year.
I do, every single year. It never rains, it certainly never snows that early (last year, our first snow didn't happen until Thanksgiving) and the temperature is in the high 60s or low 70s Halloween night consistently. The worst thing we get is some decent winds but you learn to build to compensate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do, every single year. It never rains, it certainly never snows that early (last year, our first snow didn't happen until Thanksgiving) and the temperature is in the high 60s or low 70s Halloween night consistently. The worst thing we get is some decent winds but you learn to build to compensate.
But for some, that's not the perfect halloween weather. Not in their heads. Some might want a completely clear night. Some might want thunder,, lightening, a al Frankenstein. I, personally, would like a slightly chilly night, high 50s, low 60s, with fog and no wind. Because while you said you build to compensate for the winds, thats not my complaint with wind. If its windy, my husband won't build my bonfire. And I'm all about a bonfire in the fall. Roasted hotdogs and smores are my jam.
So, yes, your halloween is perfect. For you. But not for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What state are you in? I want to move there! Last year it snowed on Halloween & it was so windy & nasty. I am looking to move out of MI.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,078 Posts
I'm sorry for youse guys that are getting blizzards for Halloween, like this year hasn't been bad enough now you're really losing Halloween. That sucks all kinds of things.

Our weather is looking up a bit, I think rain might be off the table with temps in the high 50s.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts