Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I'm thinking about picking up an Atmosfear DVD.
(I'm also looking to buy a couple downloads that I want).
I noticed that on the downloads, they say certain scenes are good for certain uses, ie window, wall, hollusion, etc.

Do the DVDs have different modes as well, or is it more or less best for TV, or front projection?
Some scenes (like bone chillers) have backgrounds displayed.

Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense.
thanks!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
All the scenes and versions are on the DVD, you have the option to use what's best for your specific setup.

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
i always buy the dvds because they have all the scenes ... & have gr8 bang-4-the-buck ... & i can always upconvert then to any resolution that i'll be projecting with ... no the quality isn't the same as purchasing the 1040p download, but it is close enough that it doesn't matter to me.

amk

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I would only add that the downloads have a small advantage in being able to create custom play lists. If you know how to rip chapters from a DVD you can do it that way, but it's more of a hassle.
Agreed and this is true but Witchywoo didn't say what she was using to play the videos. If she's using a DVD player, you can choose the mode/scene without ripping them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The first time I saw these, about 2 years ago, they were on DVD in a Halloween store. After going home, trying it, and going to their website, I contacted someone who worked there. They told me all the DVD are in SD quality, and all the HD quality were available for download from their website, which look much better. They had more available online than they had in the store.

Both are made up of multiple scenes, 4 second blank space between scenes, 4 seconds of a curtain, they had about 8 different things that you could use to insert between your scenes.

I ended up using video editing software to put the scenes I wanted into one playable file, and I could use any 4 second insert I wanted between scenes. Some are color, some are just shadows (for window use with the window film), some of the 4 second shots had backgrounds that matched the scene, so you could really make any kind of video you want. It's much better than playing it off the DVD because they have the same scene 4 different times. One scene would be in color, one would be a shadow, one would have a colored background, one would have no background, etc. So for me, it worked best to pick the scenes I wanted, put them in the order I wanted separated by which 4 second spacer I wanted, and when I was done, I converted the entire video to a video file that I could put on a USB flash drive.

I haven't used these videos since then, but I'm planning to go all out for Halloween this year. I see they now sell props and everything. I ended up buying some light grey chiffon fabric at a fabric store to put between the doorway, and it worked perfectly. People were lining up outside my house watching. The ones brave enough to come closer walked directly in front of the fabric, but you still couldn't see it. It was in my front doorway, so you could see the inside of my house perfectly, but when a scene would come up, people were still wondering what was happening until they reached their hand out to touch the fabric.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on ripping them. I found a good deal on the Bone Chiller DVD ($17.50 + SH). Post got moved to "For Sale By Merchants" area.
I figured for that cost, I'd get the scenes that I wanted, plus some of the silly ones I could use leading up to Halloween.
I could use a DVD player, but I'd rather keep the electronics to a minimum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Remember, if it's still setup like it was when they first came out, all the DVDs were in SD quality. The HD videos are only available for download online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would buy the digital download ... and the full package . I PURCHASED THE BONEYARD BAND THEN WANTED MORE ! .

I am new to atmosfear products they suck you right in and spit you out the other side with empty pockets :D I purchased the boneyard band and then the dancing and stitched the two together using media software adding the curtains loops too as they also come with the digital downloads once more as other mention they come in 1080p too . so it cost me $20 for two clips you can have them all for a little more

Instead of purchasing a couple of scenes from the manor pack I just dived in and bought the full digital package learning from my first purchase. I plan on stitching a few scenes together again giving me a large loop video and of course I can expand the technical side by going 3dx etc once I have mastered the rest

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, I did the same. They sent all the cheap quality DVDs out to all the retail Halloween stores and tell you to visit their site. Well, once you do, you realize you've been ripped off because the good quality videos can only be downloaded from their website. I haven't bought anything of their's from a retail location since. It's so much easier to download all the files, use something like Nero or Cyberlink to drag and drop the different scenes in the order you want them, and when you're done, rip them to an mkv or an mp4 and stick in on a flash drive. It's much easier to use, you don't need a DVD player, and with the little projectors they started selling on their website, it can play a video file straight from its USB port and it includes a speaker. I don't know how good of quality their projectors are. Mine came in yesterday, and I haven't heard tried it out yet. Last year I used my Optoma projector, which is a 1080p projector with a max screen size of 30 feet. I didn't use it at 30 feet of course, but when everything is life-size, the quality is unreal. I plan on hooking their projector up today and see what kind of quality it is. I just wanted something to use in a window or in the side of my yard, I'll still be using the Optoma for the main screen.

Now if I can just find a decent quality fog machine.....

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dvd has always been SD, only Blu-ray discs can hold HD files. It's because the HD files are so much bigger. And Dvd quality is fine for most projectors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right, and now with their cheap projector that can read mkv, mp4, etc files straight off an SD card, I'll be able to have 2 setups. One across the front doors, which are French doors so they both open up wide, and another inside projecting the shadow scenes on a window, or I could setup a separate sheet of chiffon fabric in the side yard and have a ghostly apparition appear every now and then.

Ever since AtmosFX released these DVDs a few years ago, they've been growing exponentially, and banking it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
912 Posts
I Have them ALL to date, full DVD's. Money well spent for the choice for your haunt projections. They are always a hit with the neighbors and kids. I don't have the new "Trick R Treat" vid yet nor the "Macabre Manor" but they look great.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts