Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on making my first two pneumatic props and I have a question. I keep seeing something about a "bleeder valve" and I'm not sure if I have to have one? I'm using a small air-compressor that goes to a washing-machine solenoid. From there it goes to an air-pressure regulator and on to the screen door opener.
Is this enough, or should I get a "bleeder valve" in there somewhere? And, if so, where?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/103670/GothSheep.jpg

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sheepies,
I used a bleeder valve between my solenoid and the regulator for the pop-up that I made. Before I installed the bleeder, the pop-up would raise perfectly and just stay there. It would eventually lower itself back to the start position, but the reset time was WAYYYYYYYYY too long. I would definitely suggest a bleeder if you need your prop to reset in a relatively short amount time. Refer to my other post for an idea (picture) of this prop.

-fly

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sheepies,
I got the 3-way 1/4" ice maker compression fitting from Home Depot (in the brass fitting/irrigation section). When I get a chance, I will post a picture of it.

-fly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts