Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be displayed on the castle wall façade which will lead to an enclosed canopy full of ghostie things and black light. Have an awesome soundtrack for the "cave" too. Should be a cool scene in the haunt.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty cool your haunts going to be awesome!
If the weather cooperates, it will be off the chain!

Jdubbya: Is it blue/pink foam board? Your letters are so clean. Did you carve them in or burn them in? Nice work!
2 inch pink foam. The letters were routed out with a dremel tool.

Nicely done. And yes, the lettering looks very clean. I like the idea of a cave of souls btw.
Thanks GOS. The cave will be a large tent/canopy 10x20 feet, pitch dark inside with black light. Should look very cool!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Fun times for the upcoming ToTers!

How did you achieve the kind of wavy looking texture of the stone? Can't tell if it is totally smooth and achieved by how you applied the paint or whether you sanded it down unevenly to get that look.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit it with a heat gun in certain spots which warps the foam a bit. Gives it a neat look. After the coat of drylock, I just stained it with watered down black and let it run down the face.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm such a goof! I knew it was missing something after it was done but couldn't put my finger on it. Today in the garage I saw it! I had cut this foam skull in half and planned to use the pieces on the sign. So now I did and now it's really done!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I like. It does look complete now although I liked it fine before too! Also liked your "stone" edging as well.

Just picked up some clearance extruded polystyrene at Lowes for some facade work I want to do for next year's haunt theme. It will be my first year working with it so appreciate your photos and tips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts