Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question of the Day!

This is a game created to help members learn more about each other and have fun at the same time. There are a lot of threads throughout the forum that ask a question of all members, such as "What's the story behind your avatar?" "What's your day job?" etc. While these threads can be awesome and educational, I thought it would be fun to have a thread where the topic changes frequently. Hence, this game!

(If you feel this post belongs better in "Off Topic" or some other section, let me know, but I felt "Games" was the most appropriate place for it.)

Here are the directions/rules:

1. Every day, someone will post a question to the other forum members, ranging from "What did you have for breakfast?" to "What's your goal in life?" and anything in between.
2. You may answer your own question, or choose not to - it's encouraged, but up to you.
3. In addition to sharing their own answer to the question, members can comment on other people's, sharing encouragement, congratulations, similar experiences, or just general comments -- friendly conversation is encouraged!
4. All answers are voluntary, no one is obligated to answer a specific question unless they want to.
5. All topics must be in question form.
6. Any question goes, as long as it doesn't violate Halloween Forum rules!

Sound fun?

I'll start it out with a simple question: What did you do today?

GO!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I went through and boxed items to sell at a yard sale when the weather finally warms up. Thrilling, I know...:rolleyes:

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could be fun, though. I worked and went grocery shopping, so your story actually seems interesting in comparison. After work, I was supposed to go out with my girl friend and a guy friend/acquaintance I'd like to get to know better. But as usual, my girl friend flaked out on us last minute. She is my best friend and I love her like a sister, but I really need to stop making plans with her. :p

·
Registered
42,950 Posts
I need to do the same thing Garth, one corner of my basement is getting plugged up with boxes of stuff for a yard sale this summer. Sorry about your girlfriend Spiderqueen, I've been there too. As for what I've done today the answer is not a heck of alot! Got up this morning and made a big breakfast for the hubby and I, did dishes and now have laundry going. Wait a minute..... I guess I have amounted to something today! :rolleyes:

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe that was a boring question. Here's a more interesting one:

What is the best Halloween costume you ever had?

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think my favorite thing I've ever worn on Halloween wasn't an actual costume (I haven't worn a real costume since I was a young teen) but what I wore a couple of years ago probably counts as my favorite and I definitely need to wear it again sometime. It was a black skirt that had an opaque miniskirt beneath floor-length spiderweb lace with a small train and corset-style lacing on the bum, with a corset that was almost exactly the same lace on top of white satin. They looked great together, especially with what I call my "dominatrix" shoes (stilletos with a ribcage around the foot and silver D rings all over) and my favorite spider necklace (the homemade one with all the black dangling beads).

·
Registered
42,950 Posts
Mine would be a witches costume my grandmother had made for me when I was very young, she had even made the cape and hat to match. I loved it, will never forget it or her.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's cool. My mom and I always home-made my costumes as a kid. It's so much more special that way. These days it seems like everyone just buys everything and I think it's kinda ridiculous how much little kids' costumes cost for something that is usually pretty unimaginative. Spend some quality time with your kids and make a one-of-a-kind costume together instead! You'll be making memories they'll never forget, in addition to an awesome creative costume.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Well, the three of us are officially almost as exciting as watching paint dry:p

I usually come up with my own costumes, too, as it is more fun. So far, likely my creepy-clown-in-a-black-straightjacket look; too bad that ICP was not in town at the
time:D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I used to work in the X-ray department of a children's hospital and we like to dress in themes. Our head Dr. went along with it, we just had to tell him what the theme was. Once we all came as puppies and kittens, he came as a dog catcher. We all dressed as flowers, he came as a gardener. We dressed lit little kids in PJs he wore a nightshirt and cap and carried a cloth bag with glitter, and was the sandman. That year was funny cause he had a conference that day, and forgot to bring clothes to change into, so he hosted a conference in his costume. I know these aren't the most exciting costumes, but it made the kids so happy, we loved doing it. Oh, I forgot about the year we all came as friendly skeletons. Get it, X-rays, skeletons? We thought it was funny. Never anything scary. It was a kids hospital after all.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to work in the X-ray department of a children's hospital and we like to dress in themes. Our head Dr. went along with it, we just had to tell him what the theme was. Once we all came as puppies and kittens, he came as a dog catcher. We all dressed as flowers, he came as a gardener. We dressed lit little kids in PJs he wore a nightshirt and cap and carried a cloth bag with glitter, and was the sandman. That year was funny cause he had a conference that day, and forgot to bring clothes to change into, so he hosted a conference in his costume. I know these aren't the most exciting costumes, but it made the kids so happy, we loved doing it. Oh, I forgot about the year we all came as friendly skeletons. Get it, X-rays, skeletons? We thought it was funny. Never anything scary. It was a kids hospital after all.
That's awesome. I used to work as a patient transporter in Radiology. Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but at my hospital all of the Rad folks are pretty... well, rad. ;) I would love to have seen one of our radiologists host a conference dressed as the sandman, haha!

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All of my best vacations have been going back to my home state (which is why I'm moving back there soon). I currently live in a cold, frozen hell, so going back to Arizona where it's warm and awesome is the greatest thing ever! My last two trips back home have also included amazing concerts by a couple of my favorite bands (in 2012, it was Nightwish with Kamelot opening, and in 2013 I saw Kamelot headline). Being home again is so awesome, I will never take it for granted again after I move back. The weather is great, there are palm trees, and it's just an entirely different setting in Phoenix than here in Montana... very culturally diverse, there's always something to do, and every time I go back there it almost feels like I never left because I'm right at home again.

Once I live there again, I can start vacationing to other places farther away. :)

·
Registered
42,950 Posts
All of mine have been to Lake George, New York. This will be the 20th year we have been and we will also be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary there this June. We stopped and spent the night there before continuing on to our honeymoon in Niagara Falls all those years ago, we rent a cabin right on the lake and it is just very peaceful, one of the places I feel I can truly relax and unwind. :)

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How about this one...

What do you think is the best and worst type of weather?

Best for me is cloudy and gloomy, but still as hot as possible. Like in Arizona during monsoon season. I love going outside and it's gloomy, maybe smelling the rain-fresh air, but still being warm.

Cold is of course one of the worst things, but the absolute worst to me is when it's sunny and windy at the same time. I walk a lot and I protect my skin and hair from the sun using an umbrella, and strong winds make that almost impossible. Also, if I wear sunscreen and it's windy, my face is bound to be sandblasted and then I feel like there's all kind of dirt and grime stuck to the sunscreen. I just hate wind.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
For me, the worst weather would be either freezing rain and sleet in the winter, or those extended periods of extreme heat and oppressive humidity in the summer. I don't mind the cold, or snow, but the sleet and freezing rain just sucks.

My favorite weather, hands-down, is autumn. Cool, crisp mornings in the low 50's, mild afternoons in the low 70's, and maybe a thin, high deck of cirrus clouds to filter the sunshine a bit.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thinking of changing the thread title to "Question of the Day" and changing the rules ever so slightly. One question per day, anyone can ask it (whoever gets to it first), and we all have the rest of that day (or until the next day's question comes along) to answer. Someone else can ask one for 1/28/14, if someone so wishes. :)

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
1/28/14

What do you consider your strongest skill for doing Halloween stuff?

I would say mine is creating and building props.

I'm also dabbling in writing...I'd like to think I'm a fairly proficient wordsmith.

1 - 20 of 378 Posts