Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interviewing Laurie tonight for Hauntcast 10, so if you have any questions that you want asked and answered please post ASAP.
Thanks.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
LB - when making a prop, how much does the finished product vary from what you had envisioned in your mind?

Essentially, do you do your best to stick to the original vision? Or does your creation evolve as you're sculpting?

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
How about what she's got planned next.....

Or what ideas does she envision that she just hasn't found time to start.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Building on her vision, does she sculpt from her head and heart or does she sketch her desired creation as a reference?

Also interested in if she's hit a creative wall or an artistic impasse during a creation and if she has, what she does to overcome it or them?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,717 Posts
Does she use herself or friends as live models or some other point of reference for her sculpting the human form or is she just winging it?

What is her most difficult area to get "right?" (I'm weak with drawing fingers/hands and I imagine she's got to have some sort of difficult area that drives her nuts... not that any of us could tell!)

Are there any projects of hers lurking in the basement that she deemed failures and never finished?

Does she have sculpting/art in her background? How did she get started doing her incredible figures? Are there any more traditional artists/works that she emulates/draws inspiration from?

Can she come to my house? :D

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Well I think all the other posters pretty much covered my questions.
I think you made an excellent choice for an interviewee and I'm looking forward to the broadcast.

MsM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts