Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an interview with master haunter Brent Ross of DC Cemetery this week, do you have any questions that you want asked?
He has won more awards than any other home haunter that I know of.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I've checked his sites, and even though it doesn't appear as if he's done anything for the movie industry, I'm wondering if he has anything in the works with any of the studios (movie or television), due to the quality of his props and animitronics.

That, and are his parents EVER gonna' give him his stuff back?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Take any if you want, or ignore them all

dc is one of my favorites. i was watching one of the hgtv shows and it said he spends about 10-20k each year on Halloween. It also said his haunt is at his parents house as he lives in an apartment. It also said Halloween is his full time job.

with that assumed to be true, i do have several questions.
I understand the haunt is entirely outside on the parents and neighbors yard. Do you ever worry about damage or theft?

Would he ever transition from moms and dads yard to a pro haunt (that is inside)? If so, would he have actors?

What percent of the haunt changes each year. For those of us in a different state, can we get a video walk thru? The DC history page is not enough!!

What is the net worth of the dc business? how much a year profit is he turning? is it realistic to have a haunt business, when the only months "normal" people think of Halloween is sept/oct? would the wife ever tell him to stop playing with toys and get a "real" job?

10-20k seems like a lot for Halloween every year. what the heck cost so much?
10-20k also seems low to run a business. I probably spend 5k a year on gas alone. Are you able to eat?

We understand there is a baby now. How has that changed your life? Is it true you only had a baby because you needed another free prop builder? hehe

Whats new props are coming out?

If money was no object, what would be his dream haunt.

Has he ever, or would he ever just buy the big ticket items like scarefactory has?

Since his family and friends work for free, did they get any of the 50k? What was bought with the 50k (or was it invested in diapers?)

A lot of us haunters drink beer while we build. Do you have a favorite beverage while building?

The electrical wiring seems to be nightmare to put on such a show. how are all the cables hiding so that everything looks real. what kind of hardware is needed to do all that.

Brent has been a huge inspiration for me. Who inspires him?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh yeah, I heard on one of the shows it takes him only one day to tear down. Where does he store all the props?

Is the set designed to be torn down and put up easy? if so, how?

heres a request. The davis family put up a time lapsed version of them putting up their haunt. Would he be willing to do the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts