Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I've seen Scare FX "cauldron witch" project, and I would like to do something similar, specially with the cauldron. But I am seeing this a little bit complicated, since the motor must have an electric generator, and such things. So I would like to ask these questions: 1. where are this motors sold? can they be sold in any place where car parts are sold? like GM or FORD, Auto Zone, or any other of those? 2. Is it too expensive to get this motor? 3. Is the electric generator sold in any "Auto Zone" or place like that? and I guess that's it. I would really appreciate help and answers.:confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I also recommend Monster Guts. Dean is a great guy and the motors are solid. I have two of his motors, one for a coffin lid and the other for a rocking chair. Go for the Power Pack deal - you get a 5 or 12VDC supply, the motor and the connector cable.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Here's a link to a usefull and informative piece by Scary Terry about incorporating wiper motors in your props.
Wiper Motor Page

·
Registered
591 Posts
Recently, I've seen Scare FX "cauldron witch" project, and I would like to do something similar, specially with the cauldron. But I am seeing this a little bit complicated, since the motor must have an electric generator, and such things. So I would like to ask these questions: 1. where are this motors sold? can they be sold in any place where car parts are sold? like GM or FORD, Auto Zone, or any other of those? 2. Is it too expensive to get this motor? 3. Is the electric generator sold in any "Auto Zone" or place like that? and I guess that's it. I would really appreciate help and answers.:confused:
I build the caldron last year and found don't over think it;It just looks hard but it isn't most of the insurctions or to just mount the motor there are other ways you can mount the motor and it you go into it with that thought in mind it's not so hard to do.second I used a wiper motor well really it was a power window motor I got at a salvage yard it burned up because it wasn't ment to stay on use a wiper motor or other motor meant to stay on.I bought a coulpe of the motors from SALE! Super Power 12VDC Gear Motor-The Electronic Goldmine and may use that to replace mine.The ones at monster guts is a great buy too they where out of stock last year when I needed it.You can buy wiper motors at the wreaking yards or at the auto zones ,napas of the world but they are spendy there.Find a dead car and take the wiper motor out of it.and then all you need is a wall wart.(the plug-in like you use to charge your cell phone or things like that)pick them up at the thirft store or walmart.If you have any questions please let me know and maybe I can help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts