Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Normally I'd make a list of what worked and what didn't for the previous year and built on that. However, we're moving our haunt to the farm this year. There's a path that winds around one of our irrigation ponds that is perfect for a haunt - a swamp on one side and the pond on the other, both sides of the path are lined with trees and some brush.

I need to sketch up some ideas on a story line then take it from there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Unfortunately this season I could not find any time to repair many things here, so now will be that time, along with raking several tons(I swear) of leaves, but we are still open, and some are still scheduled to arrive at our door, some pay in advance.
I always have too much work to do here... then Winter arrives. Snow to shovel, cars to clean off.
If the weatherman speaks pleasantly and maybe tells the truth, we may still have a few random customers arrive every so often, which makes it nicer for me.
We seem to have some Hyde+ Shriek parties in the next few weeks for a few groups.......

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am, I have so many ideas saved up from years past, and finally have a job that will let me work on them.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Didn't have much chance to do much this year. Projected window ghost got lots of compliments but felt bad for so little (few lights, couple skeletons, giant pumpkin).

List is:
1. Cemetary fence. 3d printing the finials and using foam to add some iron curves.
2. Cemetary gate / entrance.
3. Tombstones.
4. Witch lights.
5. More pvc candles.
6. Pumpkinrots (have two pumpkins for them)
7. Cauldron creep
8. FCG
9. Carving funkins
10. Debating backlit scenes on garage door.

I'll probably ask opinions on design. I have small front yard and not a great path for tots. Think I have more driveway than yard.....coupled with only one outdoor outlet at the BACK of the house.

Hard to think how to make better. And if I could rip that streetlight out right across from me I would.

·
Registered
438 Posts
ME! I've been doing the same haunt for several years now, I have a very small yard that slopes downward towards the house so my options are limited. I keep it strictly to a (view from the road) perspective. Not flat enough or shaped well for any kind of walk through. Many of my props are just tired. My problem is that I just buy stuff I see that I like without really ever having a plan and end up with things that leave me scratching my head as how I will use them. This time I have a very specific idea in mind and I'll have to resist the temptation buying random props that simply wont fit it. Otherwise it just ends up looking like Halloween threw up on my front lawn. :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Only a crazy person would do something like planning for Halloween 2017.

Oh - wait a minute - we are all crazy on here aren't we?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I was working on a new soundtrack this morning and writing plans at work today. Im staying with the same
theme but adding a couple things here and there. I need a new fogger thats for sure

·
Registered
7 Posts
I started planning for next year during trick or treating this year. I have many projects I plan to work on throughout the year. I have too much in my head and need to organize and do one thing at a time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We are definitely planning next years haunt. We had somewhere between 650-700 people come through the haunt in 3 1/2 hours of being open. It's been the talk of the town since the big night. We have already purchased two more fog machines for next year. We are also planning to move it from the carport to the backyard. This move will be huge! The backyard is gigantic! The carport is about 1,000 sqt ft. My backyard is half an acre damn near. It's going to require modular walls as opposed to plastic walls. Not to mention more detailed scenes and props. Lots of work to do.... stay tuned to our YouTube channel. Here's a small video of haunt.

https://youtu.be/mKq5KTguu7w

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ive thought about it. A killer skeleton/zombie theme sounds fun. Next year I planned on going nuts. I'll be redoing all my animated props and adding new additions. This will be a busy year!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was planning during TOT once I had calmed down from running around!

I want to start making tombstones. I want a proper fence and not my dollar tree solution. I need to remake at least one of my spider webs. We weren't able to get it up in time. I have a bunch of pins from Pinterest I never got around to doing. So much to do but I think I need a break for a few months. Hoping to start actual plans in the spring.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a "project list" to complete during the forthcoming year:
1. 100' of additional cemetery fence
2. 8 cemetery fence columns
3. Buy new projection material to switch from front to rear projection
4. Install conduit under circular driveway to island between driveway and street, run electrical and cat6 through conduit, install outlet and low voltage junction box (for cat 6 socket) on island side
5. Add 16 more tombstones
6. Mausoleum face to hide shed

1 - 20 of 42 Posts