Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question on Singing Pumpkin & Living Portraits Fearfx and window projection material

I was looking into getting the singing pumpkin trio and also the living portraits to put in my window projection to go along with all of my other clips. Would these two work on the Joanne's platinum chiffon (this fabric works great with the apparitions & skeletons) or do they need a different thing to project them from such as a white curtain. My husband will be building the frame for the chiffon so it will slip right into our 4 x 6 window.

I'm just now taking a look at the other Halloween scenes and really like them. After ordering the single clip yesterday of the young girl apparition and putting on my flash drive, its very simple now want to get more and possibly another projector next year. I'm getting way too into this. LOL

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Just a suggestion but the Living Portraits may not be the best choice for a window projection. It looks best when built into wall with 3 frames made for the size of the portraits. Not trying to discourage you, just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've seen many youtube videos where they have played the digital Living Portraits file on a television or monitor. If you have an extra monitor/tv you can change the orientation and play in portrait mode (or keep in landscape). Would that work for you?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've seen many youtube videos where they have played the digital Living Portraits file on a television or monitor. If you have an extra monitor/tv you can change the orientation and play in portrait mode (or keep in landscape). Would that work for you?
Can even build a simple frame to mount the monitor into (plat panel ones works best obviously).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a suggestion but the Living Portraits may not be the best choice for a window projection. It looks best when built into wall with 3 frames made for the size of the portraits. Not trying to discourage you, just thought I'd mention it.
Ok thanks I guess you are right

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
This guy displays it as a projection. First video is his display. Second video is how he does it. You'll need to skip around as he discusses other props as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udDzjrjS7do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q0PXhPCnpo

Maybe use a piece of wood or cardboard with your projection material fixed on the back. Frame each opening and voila!?
No doubt you can use a projector for Living Portraits but he did it built into a wall. Not sure the effect is suited for window projections. As always, just my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
.......My husband will be building the frame for the chiffon so it will slip right into our 4 x 6 window.....

........I'm getting way too into this. LOL
Before you get that frame built tape the chiffon in the window where the frame will be to test. (preferably at night) It doesn't have to be perfect as all you want to do is see how the bleed through and reflections look on the outside before spending time doing the frame that may not work well. I was able to overcome the bleed through by placing the projector on the floor and shooting it up to the chiffon/window but could not get rid of the double image from the bleed through on the window pain. My chiffon was about 5" from the window pane. Going to use some projection screen material I have instead for that reason. I so wanted it to work but...... :( Hopefully you can overcome those issues.

Bitten by the bug.... welcome to the darkside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts