Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 4 about 7PM, off to take about 4 more, find the heating pad, eat something because maybe I ate dinner, maybe I didn't I really can't rmemebmerlsd....,,...stuff n thangsaxzzz..........

Now, just...blarg. Im toasted.

See ya tomorrow & hope everyone had fun & enough candy left for a snack.

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
Nothing last night. No pain of any kind but I had a heck of a time sleeping as I couldn't seem to get my brain to go into rest mode. I always have that problem if I'm around large groups of people in the evening. The noise in my head goes on for hours after.
Today will be the day when the advil is needed, after tearing down and bringing everything indoors. I want to get everything inside before the rain starts so I can store it all away. Otherwise I will have to let everything dry out again before storing and I just want it all done.
I have no idea if anything I just typed makes any sense whatsoever. It's the morning after Halloween and my brain is mush.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,102 Posts
I always have that problem if I'm around large groups of people in the evening. The noise in my head goes on for hours after..
Oh Gosh Madame Leota so do I! Always happens after a long period of interaction with a lot of people. I try to relax but my brain just keeps flying over details and conversation. Don't know why but it's annoying. Took a Tylenol PM and got to sleep after midnite, and feel pretty good today.

·
Registered
659 Posts
No pain meds, but i am in pain today. This was the deciding factor that its my last year doing all this. I have had enough. Next year I will decorate and have fun but at a much reduced rate.

I am going ro throw out/give away a lot of my props this week. Its just too much for me. I have no room to store it and i cant keep this up anymore. Its just me.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My feet are still hurting but not too badly. Getting ready to send it all away to the basement for storage. The indoor stuff will stay up until the weekend when I feel less ooky.

I feel ya Sookie, I thought that too at the end of the night last nite. Come next year I may feel differently so I'm gonna put it all away & let Halloween marinate until February or so of next year.

But after 16 ToTers Iast nite, I totally feel ya.

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
No pain meds, but i am in pain today. This was the deciding factor that its my last year doing all this. I have had enough. Next year I will decorate and have fun but at a much reduced rate.

I am going ro throw out/give away a lot of my props this week. Its just too much for me. I have no room to store it and i cant keep this up anymore. Its just me.
This was me last year, word for word. Apparently, it was all a lie. ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Drug of choice was a good Rye last night. After teardown I think i'm going to take some ibuprofen. I've got everything in now except the one string of lights I leave up until it's time to put up the Christmas ones - Saves me a trip up the ladder.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Today everything hurts from neck to toes. I had a migraine on Sunday, so I took 3 advil that day. I didn't take anything yesterday; but in trying to put out everything within a few hours (we set up the day of, only took a half day off), every time I stood up too fast, I felt so dizzy. We push everything into the garage at the end of the night. I barely ate, so I had a late night snack and woke up hurting and with heartburn. I'm waiting until after dinner to hit the advil again in hopes of turning in early!

Hugs, Sookie. Can you give it three days and three sleeps before you start giving away your props? I don't want you to have any regrets. Scaling back decorating next year sounds like a good plan to give yourself a break.

I also feel like I reached my max this year. I busted my butt this past weekend, only got inspired in the 11th hour. It was raining, paint wasn't drying. I told my husband I feel like we should limit our decorations to what we can put together (not building from scratch...maybe one project per year for that!) in a weekend, and what we can push away into the garage to capacity at the end of the night. I feel like we pretty much accomplished just that this year. I was satisfied. He kept asking if we should project into another window, put out more props on the lawn, saying we should build tombstones for a cemetery next year (which means we'd have to at least build stanchions to protect the ToTers from tripping on cords). I kept saying, 'Nah. We're good. I like everything exactly the way it is. I am satisfied!'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts