Halloween Forum banner

Question around UK Merchandise Watch 2009

1091 13
Would anyone object if I created a Merchandise Watch UK 2009? The problem is you guys in the USA & Canada have so much cool stuff, but we don't have Walmart, etc. i'll still drop into the Merchandise 2009 watch, because so much stuff can be bought online & sent internationally, any objections? Is this the right place to ask this question? Thanks for your help.

memamu
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,091 Posts
... Large Asda's (who are owned by Walmart) ...QUOTE]

I never knew that...There is an Asda's about a half hour drive from where I live.
Might be worth checking them out ..What kinds of merchandise were they carrying last year?

I think "Merchandise watch UK" is a good idea. Unfortunately, the current low exchange rate has made buying stuff from overseas even more expensive than usual. however, this has improved slightly of late and with a little luck may continue to improve in the forseeable future.

I have checked out some of the UK Halloween and party suppliers on line recently and found that most of their decent Halloween stuff is listed as "Out of Stock" at the moment, but it is still early days for most people I suppose.

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,091 Posts
Thanks for the info, Dan.
I shall definitely be checking out Asda this year! I had no idea they were Walmart with an English accent.
I agree about the Party stores being expensive, though. I recently needed a wig for my new witch prop. I stopped by the Party shop while I was in town and they were asking £14.99.
I got the same wig (new) off e-bay for £6.99 with free p&p.

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,091 Posts
Hi meeps.
Todays rate is 1 Euro= £0.86.

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,091 Posts
yeah yeah, a UK watch and a US watch....but no NL watch :(

What's the exchange rate like between the euro and pound?

MsM
I don't see why we couldn't extend this to a "Euro Watch" if enough European members were interested...After all, we do have the "Eurohaunters" user group..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.