Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this solenoid valve from a site recommended from a search of this site.

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

My question is about the description of the valve which says "Ports through Humphrey manifold". It also says in the specs that the "manifold is not included"

So is this valve ok to purchase for a prop or would I also need the manifold, purchased separately?

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was thinking. It wasn't so much the price that I was looking at. I looked on ebay and while the valves are fairly cheap, the shipping to Canada has gone up to over $50 for a single solenoid!!!

These guys had reasonable shipping via USPS, so that was my main goal.

I will keep looking!

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is a 2 way for $10.00 that will work without a manifold.
Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail
That would work for my application, but I would need to put in a bleeder valve, right? I will be using gravity to reset a double acting cylinder, so would the air be able to escape from the free port on the cylinder? IF that is the case, I would just get the 2 way valve.

Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
you need to put a 3 way tee between the valve and the cylinder. on the open end of the 3 way tee you need to put a bleeder valve of some sort. i've done all kinds of crap(like stuffing pieces of sponge into a piece of copper tubing at the end of the needle valve) to keep the hissing down. whatever works!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts