Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new strobe light this year. The one I got last year just isn't bright enough. I will be using it as a quick scare. When the TOT's walk past a dark room, someone will press a button and the strobe should light them up. We also have a loud sound effect that will go off at the same time. The strobe light will only be on for a few seconds at a time, but will need to be activated many times over the night.

I was thinking of getting this one:

However it says that it can only be used for 20 minutes at a time. Would this work for me. Like I said, I will only be using it for a few seconds at a time, but it will be over a course of 3 or 4 hours.

I am also curious if it has any warm-up time. I will need it to come on immediately as soon as I plug it up or it will ruin the scare. Has anyone used this one or have a different one to recommend?

·
Banned
524 Posts
Those strobes are your mid range strobes I didn't look but those are normally 70-75 watt. There is no warm up time for them they are plug and play and go. Then thing about the 20 min time is you are not suppose to turn these or any strobes on at full rate for a long period of time. In this case it seems this one is 20 mins. So what that says is you can not run this strobe for a constant 20 mins at its highest rate.

So if you are just going to be using it 3-4 secs at a time every 2 mins or so lets say. Then you will be fine and these will work great for what you are needing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts