Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know yet if they will still be carrying Elphaba from "The Wizard of Oz"? That's one of my all-time favorite musicals since I was a very small girl and I was SO excited last year when I found out they were selling life-sized, animated, talking decorations of Elphaba (The Wicked Witch of The West. But I like to call her by her Wicked name.). We were planning to buy one, but by the time we could get her, she was all packed up again and most of the store was sold out due to after-Halloween sales.

So will they be selling her again this year? If so, what should the price be this time???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's still for sale on Spirit's website for $199.
Woah! Is that more than it was last year??? Or is my memory being bad again? O.O I feel like the price is a little bit higher than I remember... I hope we will still be able to get her... We are using most of our "usable" money this year for a trip to Disneyland just a few weeks before Halloween, for the Halloween festivities, so we might not be able to get her this year...

But that's okay, as long as they're still selling her next year, too! Thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
I noticed that she is marked "Online Only". That means that most of their stores will not have one, but there is a chance that some might.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I looked around and found the SKU / Item number for you. 01141316 . Asking around, they are only available online and these ones are good quality. There is extra shipping costs because over-sized item, but you should get it in about 8 days or so.

Price $199.99
Ship Charge: Economy $5
Ship Charge Over-sized: $20.00

I do not know where you live, so tax will be different. So figure about $240 total

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had about 6 of them left over from my stores. Pm me and when we set up I will let ya know for sure. They were not a big seller in my markets for some odd reason? And none of them were ever opened..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had about 6 of them left over from my stores. Pm me and when we set up I will let ya know for sure. They were not a big seller in my markets for some odd reason? And none of them were ever opened..
I'll pm you about it if I can get both of my parents' permission for the business transactions. :) I know. lol I shouldn't have to since I'm in college and all that, but they'll always be concerned about how much I'm asking for or spending, etc. (I plan to get a part time job sometime soon, though. But they'll still complain if I spend a lot without first asking them.)

May I ask how much you would be selling her for?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed that she is marked "Online Only". That means that most of their stores will not have one, but there is a chance that some might.
Ooh... Hmm... I'm not quite sure what to say. Last year, our Spirit of Halloween said that their female Edward Scissorhands costume was going to be sold online only, but then the The Spirit of Halloween Superstore that opened up here that year was carrying them on the racks. But many other years, they have begun to stop carrying certain items, and when asked about, those items were found only online. Luckily, I'm not one of those who would be disappointed by any certain item not showing up there unless I really needed it for something. (Like, when I was in "grade" school, I had an addiction to using their blood-filled syringe pens for much of my school work and drawings. So every year, we had to buy like twelve new ones from The Spirit of Halloween every time they came.)

I'm a pretty good fan of Elphie, but I'm considering waiting a while longer since my parents will be seriously upset if I approach them asking for a two hundred dollar Halloween decoration, even if my mom and grandmother are fellow Wicked and Wizard of Oz fans... My dad could care less, he just doesn't like using money on anyone else in the family for anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe its still for sale for the same price as last year! I've seen it on other sites, but for much more!

Like how much more?! O_O Even though I'm not too surprised, seeing as her character has recently seen some new heights in popularity. Or, at least, she's gotten more popular in most of the places I spend time in both in reality and online. Even I've fallen victim to it.

(Off-topic, sort of: When I was a little girl, all I knew was The Wizard of Oz, when it came to that story series. I grew up always on Dorothy's side, hating The Wicked Witch of The West for reasons I really wasn't sure of- I just knew I liked Dorothy and it seemed like the Witch was upset at her for no real reason. But then, when I was 19, my mother paid for our first tickets to Wicked in NYC during summer vacation. I wasn't happy. My mother was going to force-feed me the idea that the Wicked Witch was actually a good person and let me find out that maybe she was just framed. This was going to wreck my childhood. So, we went, and surprisingly, I was ENJOYING the story and the music! I loved how Elphie was more than just a "do-good" type character- that she was more complex than that. But I sensed something was missing, and I was not going to find out what until a few months later. But as the musical went on, I got really absorbed in it until the very last half. Then came a shocking blow I never expected to my childhood that has since been extremely bad nightmare fuel. As Bach's heart shrunk, dipping him into harsh pain and agony, I went on unblinking, watching Elphie cast a spell that she announced would make him "better" and save his life. I was horrified when I thought of the pain he must have gone through while his body was turning to metal right after he lost his physical heart. I was just barely recovering from this when the blow just got worse. The next to "die" was my FAVORITE character from Oz!!! I didn't know what to do!!! I couldn't imagine the sight of his skin turning to burlap and the anguish he must have felt when everything under his skin slowly turned to straw!!! I can watch most horror films and still have fun, but I can't stand whacks taken at characters I loved since I was just a small girl. When I was really tiny, The Wizard of Oz actually kind of frightened me, but Scarecrow always made me smile. My mother and grandmother had no idea how much inner pain I was going through while Elphie was casting his transformation spell to save him... Ultimately, it was too much and I went into a little bit of a shock and then a slight break-down. So my boyfriend took me out to the lobby to talk to me and comfort me. As soon as I was about ready to go back inside to finish watching the musical, my grandmother stormed out and yelled at me, making a much bigger scene than she THOUGHT I had made. In all reality, my reaction didn't catch the attention of anyone else, so she was making it a bigger issue than it had to be. But the issue was soon resolved and we finished watching Wicked. I think the nightmare fuel I got from that memory traumatized me a bit, but not enough to where I couldn't still find ways to enjoy Wicked. I later went and bought the first book in the series at a local book store and am now almost finished reading it since loads of things got in the way of my reading time. Now that I've read the book, Elphie is even more awesome than before and we, all four of us, just went to go see Wicked again today and this time, at the beginning and during the intermission, I still had a few small nervous spells and some anxiety, but I handled it and successfully got those ugly images of Scarecrow and Tin Man out of my head. I might have this issue every time I see Wicked, though, which sucks. But the music and story are well worth fighting it. And Galinda/Glinda helped me out with that a lot today. The girl playing her was real energetic, bouncy, and fun-loving like Pinkie Pie in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, not to mention she wore pink the entire time and had curled hair.)

So, thats the short version of how I've fallen into the Elphie fandom. Filled with a lot of emotions and memories. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts