Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am already planning builds for next Halloween and one of the things I would like to build is a mausoleum with a flying crank ghost. My question is what is a good size for a FCG mausoleum?
I was thinking of a 4' deep by 5' wide that would have a 3' wide door on one of the 5' sides. Would that be big enough?

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,740 Posts
You might want to assemble your ghost and rig first and build around that. You’ll know exactly how wide it will be without having it look cramped in there. You’ll also be able to determine a good height to allow for the rig, ghost length and how far it moves. :) getting the ghost and its movement right takes a little bit of work. Once you are happy with that, the rest will be easy.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made mine 8' tall x 8' wide x 4' deep, for a specific reason - pure laziness. Plywood, sheets of Styrofoam, and lumber like 2x4s all fall within those measurements.
LOL! Well that does make for less work and less cutting.
The depth is what I was more worried about. So it's good to know that 4 feet should hopefully be fine. I'm limited on space so I can't go overly huge on the mausoleum. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to assemble your ghost and rig first and build around that. You’ll know exactly how wide it will be without having it look cramped in there. You’ll also be able to determine a good height to allow for the rig, ghost length and how far it moves. :) getting the ghost and its movement right takes a little bit of work. Once you are happy with that, the rest will be easy.
That is a good idea. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts