Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these types of LED RGB bulbs? If so, can you tell me how they look for lighting props. Are the colors vibrant or kind of washed out? Also, how is the brightness? Most I find seem to be 3 Watts. Are 3 Watt RGB LEDs bright enough? How does a 3 Watt LED compare to the wattage of a standard light bulb? Anything else you can tell me would be helpful.
s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have some of those. 3w aren't very bright. I haven't used them outside but inside they are fine as long as you don't need too much froim them.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
My main complaint is having to use the remote to reset the color EVERY TIME you turn them off, then back on. They default to cycling through all the colors when power is restored. Also they have a distinct hot spot to the light they put out. Easily fixed by putting a couple pieces of opaque scotch tape across the lens to diffuse the light. I use two of them in outdoor yard stakes for highlighting props. The light is bright enough as long as they are within 10ft of what you want lit. Some colors throw further than others.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My main complaint is having to use the remote to reset the color EVERY TIME you turn them off, then back on. They default to cycling through all the colors when power is restored. Also they have a distinct hot spot to the light they put out. Easily fixed by putting a couple pieces of opaque scotch tape across the lens to diffuse the light. I use two of them in outdoor yard stakes for highlighting props. The light is bright enough as long as they are within 10ft of what you want lit. Some colors throw further than others.
Mine are on a timer and I haven't noticed them resetting back to the fade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts