Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After you build the dummy and dress it in it's prison jumpsuit costume, what is the best (most realistic looking) way to "fill it out" so it does not look like a costume hanging on a bunch of PVC piping?

I've heard that using those cheap pool tubes toys might work..... is that best for the arms and legs? I was also thinking about using a bed pillow that is zip tied to the cross member that will make up the shoulders of the dummy to help fill out it's chest and torso area.

What has everybody else done?

Thanks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also... what diameter of PVC should I use? I have a 10 foot piece of 1 inch pipe in the garage so I was hoping that would work. But I wonder what size is best so that the dummy is solid but isn't so rigid that the shaking device can't make it animated enough. And of course if the pipe is too flexible it might shake too much.

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
yup! chicken wire is the best way to go, especially if your props are outside and may get rained on (like mine). That way you dont have to worry about getting a mildew-y heavy pile of wet clothes or pillows.
also, rig your dummy up so just his shoulders shake. Its less wear and tear on your moter , than trying to move the whole upper body. at least thats what we do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Chicken wire, then use foam pipe insulation, it looks like those noodles you use in the pool, cheaper and easier to work with, layer them up for the shoulders, otherwise your going to end up with a square body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts