Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone will give me the straight scoop ... it's all of you. Do the foggers that use water work? These are the mini foggers with multicolor LED lights. Do you get much fog? Can you use more than one in a cauldron? Cheapest place to buy? Are they worth it? These are $19 at Grandin Road ( always kind of pricey) stock number 26749. Anyone use them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am curious about this too. I got a fogger last year from walmart (I know, that was my first mistake) for about 20 bucks. It quit working after about 10 minutes. I took it and exchanged it for a new one and had the same results. Obviously I won't be buying one from walmart again but what about Party City, Spirits, and places like this....how do they stack up?

·
Registered
199 Posts
If your talking about the little puck size misters I find that they work quite well for what they were intended for. The purpose of these misters/foggers is basically to fog a particular prop, like a couldran not an area. For reliability follow instructions, don't run without water.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
As Myra Mains said, they're good for what they're designed for - creating a layer of mist over a water filled feature.

I don't believe the small ones are intended for any kind of outdoor use, and even the larger ones meant for fish ponds and the like won't make a fog that's any good for filling a graveyard.
The mist they make sits well over the water they're created in, and it can spill over gaps in any enclosure (like a space between stones around a pond, or if a bowl the fogger's in has an uneven rim).

I like to use these indoors, where there's little to no breeze - but even the breeze of someone walking by quickly can disrupt the mist for half a minute.

I have used these in a skull (which I modified to hold water, but allow the mist to pour out the mouth) and in mini cauldrons, both of which would allow the mist to pour out, and into a larger cauldron with chilled drinks inside. The cold air will help keep the mist around longer, and it's enjoyable for guests to reach into the "mysterious mist" to grab a drink.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,314 Posts
The little water misters are ultrasonic water misters -they work VERY well for the prop - giving them a smoky surface, like Myra said. They will not fill the area with mist/fog. They are very cool but localized and the area around them (about a one foot radius) will get damp.

Glycol or other type of foggers (that use the fog solution) are sort of a crap shoot when you go under $80. I've had the $20 foggers from Target and WallyWorld both, and they can last for years or crap out on you in a few uses. It really depends.

I'm sure there are plenty of poster that can recommend decent brands, but I usually stick with the cheapy ones. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts