Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hack one of those little Flickering pumpkin lights to run on a wall wart rather than the 1.5v LR44 batteries they use. Is this possible, and how would I do it? I'm assuming if I could find a 1.5VDC wall wart, I'd just tap that into the battery terminal, but I cannot find anywhere to buy one that's only 1.5VDC. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here is the light. http://www.spirithalloween.com/mobile/product/ht-yellow-flick-pumpkin-light/

·
Registered
293 Posts
This isn't very hard to do. First off, it uses 3 of the LR44 batteries making it 4.5 volts.

When you find a 4.5 DC wall wart you will have to figure out the positive and the negative and connect the wires to the corresponding battery pack. Connect the wires to each end of the battery pack (soldering would probably be your best bet) and your good to go.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe I've seen a 4.5v power source either. Any suggestions as to where I might find one? Also, what if I used one that was slightly more or less voltage?

·
Registered
38 Posts
they do have adjustable walwarts at radio shack.

i'd bet that running it at 5V will not make a difference and there are plenty of five volt walwarts out there. if you wanted to be more precise you could use a 5V power supply and then use a diode which would give you approx 0.7V voltage drop down to about 4.3V but like i said i seriously doubt that the voltage is that precise on this thing so i would just use a 5V supply

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Check our YouTube channel. I have a video explaining how to do it with a 5 volt adapter. And, I would be happy to answer any questions the video doesn't answer. I did it with those flickering tea lights. They use 3 volts but the principle is the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts